I need to rebuild my weak body :(

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 06:30 pm
Im a 20 year old guy. But im slim and not fit. I spend most of my time at work, university and social issues...I didn't have enough time to do some sports or fitness exercises.
However now I want a new begining, and I want to rebuild my body properly and gradually.
What should I do? How frequently should I exercise? What kind of exercises? What kind of food should I eat? Any special tips to follow?

Please advise.

Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 938 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Individual

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 07:49 pm
I'll try my best to help you out, but my knowledge is rather limited.

You can work out as often as once a day, but make sure that you work specific muscle groups at a time and only those groups once every other day. Basically, don't work out the same muscle two days in a row, it needs to relax, rebuild, and recuperate.

Make sure that you aren't just tiring yourself out, you're basically trying to rip your muscle (micro-tears) but not to the point that it hurts.

Eat high protein foods while watching out for those that clog your arteries. Never wait more than an hour after working out to eat. Eat every three hours to maintain your mass, otherwise you start to use up muscle to keep going. Drink plenty of water to flush out your system and keep you hydrated.

Safety tips:
If it hurts, you get dizzy, or you are too tired, stop.
Drink lots of water.
Make sure that you have good form and posture so you don't pull anything.
Never lift with your back.

What you really should do is get a good trainer and go to him regularly for about a month to learn how to perform the exercises, how often, and how much. He'll also make sure that you are doing it safely.

That's all I can think of for now. Is there anything else that you wanted to know?
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 11:49 pm
Join a local soccer league if one is available, that will build up stamina. Then just work out, it's simple.
0 Replies

vonderjohn

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 04:58 pm
Good one
VERY valuable advice...Individual and the other person. I appreciate the time you took to write it. I just need to rebuild you know...and I guess it happens step by step
Any ideas of websites that might help me with this?
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 05:23 pm
Why don't you do a search on google or go to health.com?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 03:24 pm
Steroids and Ephedra...the National Baseball League couldn't be wrong!
0 Replies