What are the languages understood by a browser??

Reply Tue 15 May, 2012 11:58 pm
Hi All,
I have some doubt . I need some clarification
1) can we open any application(desktop and web) in browser ?
2)can we open any application(desktop and web) in web or internet ?
3) what do we call an application which opens in a browser?
4)what do we call an application that opens in a web ?
5)can we open an . exe file in a browser?
6)can we open any extension file in a browser or internet
7) I know browser can only understand HTML . Appart from html browser can not understand any other language. My question how browser opens any other application written in other language than html.? can a browser convert all other language to HTML?? or is there some some allowed format inside the browser??

Thanks In advance....
Sudhansu
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 4,559 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 16 May, 2012 06:06 am
@Sudhansu,
Lots of questions.

Main thing I'll say is that all browsers are not created equal, nor are all webpages. You are asking about compatibility, which is sometimes set by the browser being used, sometimes by the software manufacturer of whatever you're trying to open up online, and sometimes by the webmaster if you are attempting to open an app via a particular website.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 16 May, 2012 09:03 am
@Sudhansu,
1) Most applications are designed to be used by themselves without having to use a browser, e.g. media players like iTunes, and Windows Media Player, text and spreadsheet software like Microsoft Office, etc.

2) There are an increasing number of applications that are designed to be used through a browser, e.g. Angry Birds.

3) Not all applications are designed to be used on the web/internet, although most have connectivity to the web/internet which generally are accessed through the application itself, e.g. games on DVD-ROM.

4) What is a "web"?

5) Generally, no.

6) Generally, no, in regard to a browser. What is an "internet"?

7) Programs that allow a browser to access files other than html files are referred to as "add-ons," e.g. Shockwave Flash Object and Adobe PDF. Additionally, there are programs that allow a browser to run applications written in other languages, e.g. Java Plug-In.
Sudhansu

Reply Tue 22 May, 2012 12:10 am
@InfraBlue,
Thanks a lot
0 Replies