I’m making a grocery list

jcboy

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 07:06 am
I always type it in notepad on my iphone. I can’t think of anything else to add to the list.

What am I forgetting?

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg404/scaled.php?server=404&filename=listm.jpg&res=landing

farmerman

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 07:35 am
@jcboy,
to actuall go to the store? Whaddya doing goofing off on a chat site?
PS, you needed a list to remember 5 items?
Jeezus, what are we evolving into?
jcboy

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 07:54 am
@farmerman,
LOL Yes I actually do grocery shopping. Antonio was out of his Life cereal and he has to have it every morning. I usually have to make two trips because I always forget something. Cool
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 08:11 am
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

LOL Yes I actually do grocery shopping. Antonio was out of his Life cereal and he has to have it every morning. I usually have to make two trips because I always forget something. Cool

add ginko to your list
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 08:17 am
@jcboy,
pet food
butter
raspberry jam, or peanut butter, or ...
toilet paper
fruit
garlic
onions
salad greens
facial issues
cheese
eggs
fruit juice
wine/beer
toothpaste

....is that any help?

jcboy

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 09:35 am
@msolga,
Yes all that was very helpful, I forgot Antonio’s juice. He has to have OJ in the morning and apple juice in the afternoon. This kid sure loves his juice, almost as much as his daddy likes beer and wine. Cool
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 11:52 am
I only write down items that I'm apt to forget, things I don't get often, or get handed a list of stuff the man wants.

I mostly just go up and down each aisle. I'm not prone to impulse buys, so I don't end up buying too much. The last area I go to is the meat area, which sometimes makes me double back to the produce to get something specific to go with.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 12:12 pm
@msolga,
Quote:
facial issues

I think that a dermatologist or a plastic surgeon would be better place to go for this than the grocery store, MsO.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 12:22 pm
I sort of function like Chai on this, except I go to a butcher shop for meat and I grow a lot of my own produce. Otherwise I write down just the stuff I that might not be the usual haul. I'm more likely to write down what I'm planning to make and then pick whatever ingredients I don't have in the pantry. Sort of like 1. mushroom lasgana 2. kofta curry 3. green apple quiche etc. Somehow I don't forget ingredients. I do shop for sales and might pick up extra olives, peanut oil, low carb-pasta, beans etc if they are having a deal on something I can use in the future. I'm mostly likely to forget toilet paper because I never go down that aisle. I don't use any other paper products or commercial cleaning agents. I write everything on scrap paper leftover from other projects.
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 01:36 pm
@jcboy,
Ahhh.... a woman's work is never done.
EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 02:00 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
You have no idea Smile
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 03:03 pm
I use a website called Food on the Table. You can make grocery lists from the store's sale ads and customize the list with additions. You can also get recipes based on the grocery list.

http://www.foodonthetable.com/

It is a work in progress and doesn't have all the bugs worked out of it yet.

I believe they also have a mobile phone app.
chai2

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 03:22 pm
@Butrflynet,
I just glanced at that site, and I could not deal with all that.

It asks "What are you in the mood to eat?" Like for the entire week.

I have no idea what I'm going to what to eat at any given point during the next week.
I also don't need something to tell me what I need to buy to make what I'm going to be in the mood for.
Like GW, I know what goes into what.

I go to one store, look at the prices that are on special when I walk around, and if it's fruits and veggies we like, I get them. Or if it's other stuff we use regularly. If our brand of coffee or toilet paper is on sale, it goes in the cart.
During the week sometime, we get flyers from all the stores around, all on the same day. Sometimes I'll glance at the one from my store and think, "hmm, this and such is on sale, I'll get that" Otherwise, I just look in the store.

Then again, I'm one who doesn't see the purpose in all these phone apps that does stuff I'm fully capable of figuring out myself, like tips, or how to tell the difference between my ass and my elbow.

0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 04:10 pm
i shop every day... gives something to do and Idon'tmiss out on specials that way.
0 Replies

George

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 04:44 pm
Me: Did pick up any sandwich bags for me?
She: Did you put them on the list?
Me: Err . . . no.
She: <deafening silence>
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 05:20 pm
I keep a list on my computer desk top.
Mmmm, artichoke hearts for the pizza..
ossobuco

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 05:41 pm
@ossobuco,
<I prefer whole big artichokes cooked as in Carciofi Romano but now they cost a zillion bucks. Dammit, I grew them back in northern california>
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 10:36 pm
I can't go to the supermarket without a list. Even with a list, I usually forget to buy something. Laughing
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 11:15 pm
Who needs a list. I can come up with a cart full of inspired shopping when I stop in for a loaf of bread.
msolga

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 11:20 pm
@roger,
Jeez, I know!
That's why I always take a list now!
... & try to stick to it.