Avoiding MS Messenger popup

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 03:13 pm
Several months ago a computer expert got rid of the highly annoying MS Messenger popup that appears whenever I turn on my computer. He did it so fast that I couldn't follow. I have had occasion to reinstall Windows, and now I've been getting notices that I must download the latest Messenger version.

Further, since I reinstalled MSN I have continued to get a little popup to the same effect whenever I log on to the Internet. Rolling Eyes

I downloaded the latest version in hope that th warning would go away, but now a bigger and even more innoying popup appears every time I opn up. Rolling Eyes

I know that I can get rid of this nuisance, but I don't know how.

Can anyone solve this problem?

I run XP Home, BTW.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 663 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Monger

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 11:48 pm
MSN Messenger -> Tools -> Options -> General -> Display MSN Today when Messenger signs in (uncheck this)
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 11:09 am
avoiding ms messenger popup
I tried your suggestion, Monger, but the Messenger icon doesn't have a "Tool" menu entry. At least, I couldn't find it.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 11:27 am
It's part of the menu on the main msn messenger window which lists all your contacts & shows if they're online. If whatever version you're using is different, just look for how to get to the options window.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 01:43 pm
avoiding
I guess I'll have to wait until I restart my computer and see if that popup is there. If not, then all is well, and if it is, then I'll try your instructions. I had clicked on the Messenger icon on the MSN taskbar, and I guess that wasn't the right icon.
0 Replies