Logists, connecting all the dots

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2012 04:12 pm
In movies, novels and dreams, new scenes pop up out of no where with very little continuity, in effect you get there too late and leave too early, but it really doesn't matter because the reader or viewer has learned to live with it.

In the real world life doesn't work that way. To do anything at any time, in any place you're stuck with logistics, a step by step motion, connecting all the dots, and the time and effort it takes to get there.

Listing the number of individual events it takes to start your morning would take a hundred pages – connecting all the dots, all in a matter of seconds. Here's what I mean...

Alarm goes off
hear it
open eyes
rub eyes
focus eyes
rub eyes again
blink several times
open mouth to yawn
yawn
close mouth
scratch nose
breathe in
breathe out
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 933 • Replies: 5
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2012 06:06 pm
@Rickoshay75,
I like to analyze all these foresics criminalogists on tv shows . These guys are so versed in millions of subjects and disciplines and they operate these laptop compuers that come up with linked data so quickly that they dont even show the cursing at the computers and yelling at the lab numbers when everything is seen to have been contaminated by the lab refrigerator.
Life isnt bullshit editing, theres a lot of downtime where we just sit around and sing "pineapple Princess"
Rickoshay75

Reply Tue 1 May, 2012 01:17 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I like to analyze all these foresics criminalogists on tv shows . These guys are so versed in millions of subjects and disciplines and they operate these laptop compuers that come up with linked data so quickly that they dont even show the cursing at the computers and yelling at the lab numbers when everything is seen to have been contaminated by the lab refrigerator.
Life isnt bullshit editing, theres a lot of downtime where we just sit around and sing "pineapple Princess"

No doubt about it, real life is dull, lonely and turns readers off.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 1 May, 2012 02:24 pm
@Rickoshay75,
And then you write all those steps on your twitter?
Cyracuz

Reply Tue 1 May, 2012 02:41 pm
@Rickoshay75,
An important factor of succeeding with anything is knowing which tasks to perform, which perceptual "level" it is best to approach from and which aspects will follow naturally as side-effects of other efforts. A focused mind will have the goal clear in sight. Real life has this in common with stories: There is an author for the story of my life. I am that author, and it is up to me to make it an interesting experience.
0 Replies

Rickoshay75

Reply Tue 1 May, 2012 03:46 pm
@JLNobody,
JLNobody wrote:

And then you write all those steps on your twitter?

Writing is also connecting the dots and every step I take after that.
0 Replies