No Right Click

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 07:28 pm
Hey All,

No Right Click script works BUT there is this little box where one can Save, Print, Email and place in a Folder!

In fact one cannot protect photos! Scripts cannot be viewed, but not the photos, what am I doing wrong?

Edit (moderator): Link removed.
Chessman
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,669 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 07:48 pm
You can open windows without that toolbar. But ultimately if they can see the image there is a way to capture it.

The trick that's the best in terms of ease of implementation vs. difficulty of circumvention is to use encrypted source code and then use the image as a background in a table cell with a transparent image stretched over it.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 08:00 pm
Of course, as Craven alluded, for every countermeasure, there's a counter-countermeasure, Chessman. Screen captures, for instance,

http://www.able2know.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10156/Capture_02122004_195300.jpg

can be handy for grabbing otherwise copy-protected images or other material. About the best that can be expected of safeguards is that they will keep honest people honest. Remember, even paranoids can have real enemies Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 03:01 am
Hi Chessman...here's the code Craven referred to above when he said you can open IE windows without that image bar ( http://www.webdevtips.com/webdevtips/developer/images/image-bar.gif )...disable it with this meta tag:

Code:<meta http-equiv="imagetoolbar" content="no">

Is the No Right Mouse Click script you're referring to the one in the A2K script portal?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 10:10 am
Actually I was talking about opening the window with no toolbars, because the "view source" and "File >Save" options can capture images as well. So it would be that in addition to disabling the image toolbar.

Thing is, this is browser specific and as timber noted screenshots can capture it.

The best tactic I know of is the image as a background with a transparent spacer pixel stretched over it.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 10:13 am
Craven de Kere wrote:
Actually I was talking about opening the window with no toolbars

Ah, okay. But I'm pretty sure chessman was talking about the image toolbar.
Course, I was wrong just a second ago...
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 11:04 am
Yeah, I do think you are right on that. He was prolly talking about the image toolbar and not the window buttons.
0 Replies