WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

hamburger

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 05:47 pm
filling out our travel documents online this morning . came to the last line - ZAP ! power outage !
so i started over again - two finger keyboarding is my speciality - , came to last line , yes , you guessed it , ZAP ! another outage .
grrr !
finally did it after 6 pm. i made it - and now i'm smiling ! hbg
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 04:51 am
Hamburger, I feel really stressed after just reading that! Don't you just hate it when that happens? Grrrrrrrrrrrr! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 07:52 pm
thanks for your sympathy , msolga !
but it sure felt good to be able to 'outsmart' ontario hydro and the computer - i'm proud as punch ! hbg

http://www.coventgardenlife.com/images/photos/site_pics/mr_punch.jpg
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 07:55 pm
Exhausted but victorious, hamburger! Very Happy
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 05:21 am
Weirdest thing; I woke up and I was sure I was back at my mother's house; I could hear the stumbling around downstairs, someone making coffee, or breakfast. I couldnt understand why an alarm clock was going off, why I would have set one.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 07:28 am
nimh - I agree with yr signature totally !!

Looking at my travel schedule made me grimace - I am flying economy class between Seoul and Shanghai...Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 07:37 am
oh poor poor SuperG. Now who would want to fly economy between Seoul and Shanghai...

when are you coming this way? we'll treat you first class!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 10:53 am
On my way to "fight" a speeding ticket(not really, it was taken care of), and rear-ended someone on Rt 2. Just a tap, and luckily there was no damage. Kid tried to point out some tiny scratches that were probably already there, so hopefully he doesn't want his bumper repainted. Just frustrating, I've never done that.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 12:41 pm
Well, after the super wet beef and bean burrito I just had at Taco Boy, I don't see any gritting or grimacing in my near future.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 08:19 pm
I was wondering why I felt so stressed out..... then it dawned on me: my cat is diabetic, my dog is crippled, I just started going back to school after 15 years, my grandpa died a few days ago - the funeral is in CT on friday, I have to move in may, I haven't had a raise in years, I just had to drop my prescription drugs, I have a cold, I have to take care of a 2 month old puppy 5 days a week (as well as two kids), my dog just leaked all over my bed, and I haven't had sex in at least 2 years.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 08:27 pm
Sorry to hear about your Grandpa. I only knew one of mine, he was pretty cool.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 08:29 pm
Sorry to hear about your grandfather, littlek.

Why do you have to move? Girl I'm seeing needs a place asap, by April 1st.

2 years??? Now THAT sucks.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 08:33 pm
Actually, grandpa is stessing me out leat of those - he had had strokes, was 90+, COMATOSE..... IT WAS A MERCY. <sorry about the caps>. It'll be good to see family. Especially Augie, the last of that generation whom I'm close to. But, thanks all.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 08:38 pm
Littlek - you have good reason to grimace. My sympathies.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 08:54 pm
My sympathies, Littlek.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 09:03 pm
s'ok, all.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 05:45 am
littlek wrote:
I was wondering why I felt so stressed out..... then it dawned on me: my cat is diabetic, my dog is crippled, I just started going back to school after 15 years, my grandpa died a few days ago - the funeral is in CT on friday, I have to move in may, I haven't had a raise in years, I just had to drop my prescription drugs, I have a cold, I have to take care of a 2 month old puppy 5 days a week (as well as two kids), my dog just leaked all over my bed, and I haven't had sex in at least 2 years.

Given all this, k, it's remarkable that you're coping as well as you are! A lot to deal with at the one time. (& I bet you've thought of a few more reasons since you wrote this! :wink: ) Actually, I have this sense that things are beginning change for you, don't you?
I'm so sorry about your grandfather's death. We're you close?
(And what's this about looking after a young puppy? How come?)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 05:50 am
Oy! Take care, 'k!!!!!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 06:09 am
That's a heaping helping of stuff all at once.

On the upside - school's a great change - and you'll be done with the puppy <and kids> soon enough.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 06:44 am
I can see why you're stressed, littlek. I hope things start to ease up soon.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 06:03:37