WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

sozobe

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 09:46 am
You can do it, dag!!

A deadline can be a very good thing, indeed.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 10:21 am
It was the great Johnson, of course, who said that only a blockhead ever wrote for anything except money. He also said that the imminent prospect of hanging wonderfully focuses a man's mind.

"Depend upon it, sir, when a man knows he is to be hanged in a fortnight, it concentrates his mind wonderfully."
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 11:17 am
Wow, Dag, good move! What does the completion of the diss do to your visa status?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 12:01 pm
It was the great Johnson, of course, who said that only a blockhead ever wrote for anything except money. He also said that the imminent prospect of hanging wonderfully focuses a man's mind.

"Depend upon it, sir, when a man knows he is to be hanged in a fortnight, it concentrates his mind wonderfully."
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 02:50 pm
Test.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 02:50 pm

0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 02:52 pm
wtf?

My apologies, everyone. Kept getting that error, so would come back and try again. Refreshing the page didn't update the number of pages in the thread.

Auuuugh!

Sorry, sorry....

Sorry.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 02:54 pm
nada, drewdad. we've all been there today. even though you see the error message, it posts. it just takes a few minutes (sometimes hours) for your new post to appear.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 02:56 pm
OHO! it's been fixed! hooorah!
indeed, i have a 'gallows-deadline', as we slovaks call it. praise be my slovak advisor, she came up with it. theoretically i have three more years to hand it in, but i want to get it done stat now.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 02:57 pm
Great thinking! Hey, will you be in town still on dec 5th?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 03:03 pm
nope, leaving on the 3rd
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 03:04 pm
Oh well..... Kevin will be here.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 03:31 pm
shoooooooooooot! Booooo! tfooooooey! why 5th? can't he come earlier? grrrrrr.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 03:34 pm
Who's Kevin? Update us.

Went to return a purchase only to find that I'd left the damn receipt at home grrr...
Also, my client called and the cd I'd burned and sent of a brochure design I'd done for them had all of the elements, photos, art, fonts, etc., everything EXCEPT the document. This was the second time this week and I'm pissed at QuarkXpress for fiddling with such an important function and making me look raggedy in front of my client. So much for their upgrade grrrrr.....
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 08:31 pm
Got the first gas/heat bill after a full month's use. RETARDED. Close to $300.
0 Replies

Aphrodisia

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 09:12 pm
There's this phenomenon taking over around here, where people think it's okay to suck back their snot and then swallow it. I had to sit in class tonight for 3 hours while the guy behind me did this every 5-10 minutes. I wanted to turn around and tell him that if he kept eating his snot, he wouldn't be hungry for dinner. Sick!
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 03:50 am
Dangerous habit! One day, his head will cave in.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 04:01 am
Shocked

Laughing
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 10:40 am
Oooh Nooooo!

My boss is going to leave! She's going back to England, and will work from there for us as consultant ... and we'll have to get a new boss.

That bleedin sucks. After four years of suffering under Mr. Ed, I finally get my dream boss - she's kind, always cheerful, always encouraging, very hands-off, lets me work where and when I want, genuinely interested in our input, always reassuring that things are "brilliant"; she's totally down-to-earth, without any pretense or hyped-up career attitude, got a relativating sense of humor, is welcoming and not just uninvolved, but openly "whatever" about all the office intrigue and jockeying elsewhere in the building, and see - even without any of that usual boss ego / stress / hassle, everything with our work does still work out fine ...

and now she's leaving!

Bloody hell. God knows what we get in her place, enuff "examples of bad practice" in this place .. and plus, I'll miss her, she was nice!

Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 11:01 am
I know how you feel, nimh. In my last office job, for five years our division had a succession of lousy to just plain crazy managers and then a smart, creative, funny lady came in and rejuvenated things only to leave a year later.

Hang in there. Maybe you all will get lucky.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 06/02/2024 at 07:57:08