WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2012 11:09 am
@Ceili,
Quote:
Woke up to 6 inches of snow. We had none yesterday.. Expecting another 3 inches, broken tree limbs and more power outages.
This is more snow than we had all winter, in one day. Gotta love spring.
yuck.
hope you hadn't already put away the shovels and what-not...
Ceili

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2012 05:38 pm
@Region Philbis,
Shovels are kind of a year round thing here... we ended up with around 8 inches of wet cement. It was a bitch to shovel. A couple of tree are busted up, but it's a good start on getting the lawn watered. It's almost gone now. Smile
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 16 May, 2012 05:40 pm
It took all my composure not to bitch slap this stupid cow.

I'm working at a model home today, waaaaay out in Manor (pronounced MAY-nor) and all day long the people I've talked to will ask a question, then repeat the exact same question in the exact same way 4 or more times in a row. It's probably a prereq. for living in MAY-nor.

This one call was from an excitable agent, who insisted on asking me over an over a question for which I had no information. I ended up tell her, as politely as possible, that if I did have the answer I would have, or would be giving it to her.

Hours later, the phone rings, and she informs me that "I'm about 1 minute away with a client. I want to show him the XYZ house."

Ok

She comes in, preceeded by 5 gallons of perfume, and I give the ONLY set of keys I had, and I had already looked around that morning to see if any other types of keys around. I let her know I didn't know if these were for that house, but go ahead.

10 minutes later, she calls saying "hey, you know what? None of these keys WORK!" Neutral
Then she asks me 3 times if I had any other keys....no...no....no. Then she said "Well! I drove ALL the way out here from SOUTH Austin (A trip I didn't envy) with my client, and now...I can't get in the house!" then "Do you have another set of keys?"

She went on for a while, until I said "M'am, you called me a minute away from the house. If you'd called me while still south, I would have told you I didn't know if I had the right keys".....yeah, as if this would have made any difference in her schlepping this guy out to MAY-nor.

Sez to me, she sez "I don't want to go there....." Gee, I wonder why not? It's horrible when confronted with logic and common sense, isn't it"

She started pissing and moaning about something else, and finally I cut her off saying "What is it exactly you want me to do?"

This stopped her a moment and she said "I don't know"

I said "If you don't know what you like me to do, and I told you I didn't know X, Y and Z several times....What is it you Want?"

She showed back up a few minutes ago to give me the keys back, and writes this big note to the real estate guy saying "I will come back Monday at noon blah blah blah......"

Yeah, don't call first or anything to make sure he's here, just come by.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 18 May, 2012 01:10 pm
I had to spend nearly two hours in the Christian Dior Museum today.
(Ok, I spent quite a few minutes outside, but I had to wait there for Mrs Walter until she came out)
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 18 May, 2012 05:14 pm
@chai2,
And she has a vote?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 19 May, 2012 08:05 am
I will NEVER do business on line again. Tried to send someone money via Western Union, and I have never been through such hell. First, I couldn't understand the representative, then when she wanted my social security number, I told her NO! I was paying by credit card and so I hopped in my car and drove to the branch bank here, and paid off a small amount that I had put on the card. Now, I will not use that card for a while. Sometimes it pays to be paranoid.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 19 May, 2012 08:06 am
@Letty,
Good move, letty.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 22 May, 2012 05:21 pm
http://culturecheesemag.com/news/italy_quake_destroys_cheese_industry

Quote:
Earthquake Destroys 400,000 Wheels of Cheese
Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 22 May, 2012 05:24 pm
@ehBeth,
oh...my...god

why isn't that good cheese still edible?

maybe I better read the story in full
ehBeth

Reply Tue 22 May, 2012 05:52 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
mrs cavfancier posted the link
she's still one of my main connections to the world of cheese

coincidentally I'm reading a book called The Mammoth Cheese. Fiction, but I'm learning a lot more about the making of cheese than I'd known before.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 22 May, 2012 05:56 pm
@Letty,
Letty wrote:

I will NEVER do business on line again. Tried to send someone money via Western Union, and I have never been through such hell. First, I couldn't understand the representative, then when she wanted my social security number, I told her NO! I was paying by credit card and so I hopped in my car and drove to the branch bank here, and paid off a small amount that I had put on the card. Now, I will not use that card for a while. Sometimes it pays to be paranoid.

I'm not getting this.
You couldn't understand the representative, were you on the phone with her?
Then how were you doing business online?
If it was Western Union, they've been around a long time, if you were ripped off by an agent, wouldn't the corporation stand behind you.
Why do you say sometime it pays to be paranoid?

Not that I don't agree with that statement, I do agree in fact.
I don't get why you felt something was wrong here. Could you have dealt w/ someone else at Western union, either online or on the phone? Someone you could understand?

ossobuco

Reply Tue 22 May, 2012 06:03 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I'm a semifanatic re liking all that cheese. Well, you know me.

Naturally, I want more details. (I think they'll survive).

On the other hand, I do care about Modena and environs. Fbaezer may as well.

Modena was the place in italy where I ordered ossobuco. Sorry, not all that great, but, hey.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 22 May, 2012 06:12 pm
@chai2,
Please do not yammer at Letty.
Help her.
We adore Letty.
roger

Reply Tue 22 May, 2012 06:15 pm
@chai2,
Nobody, and I mean nobody gets my social security number so they can run a charge on a credit card of mine.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 22 May, 2012 06:22 pm
@roger,
I don't get any of this, what are you talking about?
chai2

Reply Tue 22 May, 2012 06:24 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Please do not yammer at Letty.
Help her.
We adore Letty.

What are you talking about?

I asked a few questions.
Help her?
We adore her?
Yammer?

I don't know the woman, don't think I've ever talked to her. I can't try to figure out what she's saying by asking her for clarification?

You make me grit my teeth when you say things like that.

Go pour yourself another one.

Letty, you needn't bother to answer, I don't want to somehow upset the apple cart by assuming you can communicate without a chaperone.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 22 May, 2012 06:35 pm
Too bad.

I'm sorry you do not know Letty.

I'm not saying she is perfect. I'm saying we respect her.

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 22 May, 2012 07:05 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

Go pour yourself another one.

Are you talking to yourself?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 22 May, 2012 09:05 pm
Many of us here love Letty. She runs our radio.

She is never ever nasty, in contrast to me or you, Chai.

Please do not go after her just because you don't like me.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 22 May, 2012 10:45 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I don't get any of this, what are you talking about?

Letty said she tried to process a credit card transaction. Doesn't matter what kind; the point is the representative demanded her social security number. That demand in not only unnecessairy, it is outrageous. There are very few transactions for which I would furnish my own number, and merchants are not one of them. That is what I was hoping to convey.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 12:40:13