WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

eoe

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 08:47 pm
I had one hell of a hard time these last couple of days with my computer. Sometimes things just go whacky and that's how it's been while trying to make deadline. Just one thing after the other after the other but, the job went out on FedEx tonight and all's well. But geez...
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 08:29 am
SlimFast Otima /65% less Sugar Smoothie (Mixed Berry) tastes like dry butt. Ugh. Dieting sucks.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 09:48 am
Try South Beach, joa. So far I've lost 50 lbs., and I haven't had to eat anything yukky. Really easy, too.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 09:57 am
Wow, CONGRATS on the weight loss. That's amazing. I think South Beach is a GREAT diet/lifestyle, but I have medical problems that don't allow me to restrict myself like that. (protein for me is bad bad bad)

I just need to get off my butt so I can lose a few.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 10:41 am
50 lb. is quite an accomplishment - congratulations Eva!

When I need to lose weight, I just don't eat anything
past 4 pm and go easy on the carbs. Works for me!

----

What made me grit my teeth?
Had my car washed and while I was driving the car
in front of me started cleaning his windshield and all the
fine mist of water was flying back onto my car.
Oh, how do I hate that!
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 10:55 am
Whenever I wash my car, it rains. Laughing

Okay, I've never washed my car, but I mean ...the carwash.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 10:00 pm
This whole day Crying or Very sad

Got word this morning that someone dear to me died. Very unexpectedly. She was the mother to a friend of mine....and like a 2nd mother to me. I still can't believe it. So I drove to my friends house who lives an hour south of me. Spent the day there....or most of it.

Headed home and decided I needed to go to the store first. Came out of the store about 7 pm and before I could get out of town the lights dimmed on my car. My radio went out....and I realized I was losing power. Knew I could not make it home and what was even worse....didn't have my cell on me.

I live in the country and was not about to let myself get stranded if I could help it. Not on the country roads anyways. Turned around and headed towards a gas station I frequent. By now nothing inside was working. Power windows were gone.....and headlights were almost completely gone. Car was starting to chug-a-lug. By God's grace I was able to get my car pulled in the marathon station. The bays were closed but the station was still open for those wanting gas.

I go inside....and they were kind enough to put another battery in my car. Told me it would get me home.....and to bring it in first thing in the morning and they will look it over. Hope it gets me that far. Confused

To make matters worse.....I come home and called my b/f. He gets on me for not having my cell phone with me all day. Then he asks me if I have been carrying my gun in my car. I got a permit to carry one this past spring. And no I haven't been carrying it. I did for awhile. But it's a hassle to carry it from my car to the house all the time. Just a pain and not always easy to remember. Then he procedes to try and put the idea into my head that maybe my X b/f was messing with my car. Because last week he was in the parking lot when I left work one night with his truck running. Started following me. Long story.

And after my day......I was in no mood for lectures and putting thoughts in head that don't need to be there. So I told him goodbye and hung up. So now I'm sure he's upset with me.

Going to bed......tomorrows another day. Not too many smiles today but I'll muster some up tomorrow somehow.

~Brooke Confused Good-night
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 06:50 am
... and goodnight to you, brooke!

I'm sorry about the death of your friend's mother. It must be very hard on you & your friend right now. It's very sad. commiserations & hugs to you.
0 Replies

Odd Socks

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 04:20 pm
((Brooke))
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 06:28 pm
Thank you msolga and socks Exclamation

((((( BIG hug to both of you )))))
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 05:47 pm
Grimacing and gritting teeth here after hearing on the news about the woman in Texas, with a history of post-pardom depression, who cut off her 11 month old baby's arms. The baby, of course, died.

What do you think should happen to her?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 01:47 am
My car got broken into, the window was smashed and the dash board torn apart.

Gone are my cds, my car's stereo, my handheld mp3 player and any sense of security about parking my car in my neighbourhood.

And that's the least irksome part of my weekend.

Good times...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 01:57 am
On top of working your bum off with A2K all weekend, your car got broken into, too, Craven?! That's terrible!
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 02:27 am
Sorry to hear that Craven !!!

I am grimacing since today morning thinking of the packing/cleaning I have to do this week....
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 02:33 am
Packing & cleaning, G? From your job, I hope ..... not home, surely?
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 02:40 am
Yeah - this is my last week - and two filing cabinets and 4 pedestals are beckoning me !!

<GROAN>
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 02:48 am
G, you know you don't need all that stuff in the filing cabinets. Just burn the lot!
Liberation, yay! Laughing
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 02:52 am
Sorry about that bad news, Craven.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 02:53 am
(And of course, Gautan, I'm tender-hearted with your miserable situation as well :wink: )
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 02:55 am
You're such a caring person, Walter!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 09/22/2024 at 03:36:25