WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

littlek

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 05:56 pm
Yes, I'd say as many groups as is necessary. I know that's what saved two old beaches, several cherry trees, and a massive old weeping willow across the street from me.
msolga

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 06:00 pm
@littlek,
Yep. Looks like like the way to go, k.
Gets pretty time consuming, doesn't it?
littlek

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 06:02 pm
@msolga,
Um... I don't know. My local groups are so, I don't need to participate.
msolga

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 06:08 pm
@littlek,
Ah. We're the "initiators" in a melting pot suburb. New ground.

Shocked OMG, next door's tree has vanished! All this blue sky that was never there before. My backyard looks entirely different.
littlek

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 06:13 pm
@msolga,
Check your sun - may affect your plants.
msolga

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 06:22 pm
@littlek,
Exactly what I was thinking, k. Sigh.

It's a north/westerly aspect, which really cops the sun on summer afternoons. (Great in winter, though.) Luckily I've planted lots of native bushes which are very hardy. But I think I'm going to have to rethink the vegetable & herb spots. Far too much sun for them now, I think.
msolga

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 06:43 pm
@msolga,
(After a peek over the fence) First the good news: the tree is not 100% gone. A third is still there & growing.

Now the bad news: not nearly enough tree left for most of the birds. If they even return at all after something like this.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 07:28 pm
A third gone and still growing? How?
msolga

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 08:19 pm
@littlek,
The top 2/3rds was cut off, k. The rest is still in the ground.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 12:46 pm
some kind of plumbing problem
yuck
plumber is on the way
I hope it is just a minorly plugged drain
my chequebook is ready Confused Neutral Evil or Very Mad Confused
ehBeth

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 01:55 pm
@ehBeth,
mr expressrooter has come and gone and will be back tomorrow

the upside?

if a city-owned tree is the source of the problem, there is an up to $2000 Confused rebate from the city

set and the dogs will have to be on work crew supervision tomorrow

the huge downside - can't shower, wash, toilet, do laundry, clean the mess in the basement until sometime tomorrow Twisted Evil Crying or Very sad Confused Crying or Very sad Twisted Evil
Seed

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 02:06 pm
Went out to get in the truck today to find that the battery that I just bought (last tuesday) was dead ad the truck would not start. After jumping it off and then driving around, going into walmart and coming back out to find it dead again, I realized that my alternator wasn't charging the battery and that I had to get it replaced.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 02:11 pm
@ehBeth,
Ooooof... I live in fear of that happening to us, will eventually (knock on wood).
ehBeth

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 02:17 pm
@sozobe,
Gotta figure out which neighbour to approach - errr, excuse me, can I take a shower at your house? the neighbours I would have approached moved about 3 weeks ago ...
farmerman

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 02:47 pm
@ehBeth,
probing around for my firewood pile. The snow is so deep that everything is covered and drifted.
The easy wood pile that was on the front porch has been all burned so now its hard work.
dlowan

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 03:07 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

some kind of plumbing problem
yuck
plumber is on the way
I hope it is just a minorly plugged drain
my chequebook is ready Confused Neutral Evil or Very Mad Confused

Bugger!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 03:27 pm
@dlowan,
Update on the damned cellulitis.

I actually ended up taking a WEEK off work!!!

The locum over-prescribed the antibiotics, and this had the effect of making me so tired and dizzy that I couldn't really do anything.

By the time I saw my own doctor on Wednesday, and she cut down the dose, I was a wreck, so she kindly told me to have the rest of the week off.

Now, I go onto some truly awful and different antibiotics later on today, so hopefully they'll kill the rest of the germs. (The leg is a lot better but by no means clear.)

Now, the weird thing is they tell you not to exercise, but to keep the foot up, so the blood and lymph circulate and the thing doesn't swell.

What on earth makes that happen better than walking, I ask you?

Does anyone know what that is all about? I mean, I COULDN'T exercise when it was all really bad, but when the infection began to clear?

Anyhoo, all that bloody lying around made my damn back get really bad, but I am doing its exercises, and have begun walking again, so hopefully that will improve.

I have to say the back is still causing way too much trouble generally, so I'll try some concentrated physio, to see if that does anything the exercises I am already doing don't.

If not, I guess I will really have to consider surgery.

Ewwwwww!
George

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 03:29 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

. . . Ewwwwww!

Double ewwwwww.
That sounds awful.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 03:31 pm
@dlowan,
Well damn. I should've known better than to think no news was good news. That's altogether sucky, sorry. (Well no altogether, at least the infection is clearing up, that's good. May it get completely clear posthaste.)
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 03:36 pm
I was at the bathroom sink Saturday morning, bending over to rinse off my
face, when something in my lower back went twang. So I spent the day
walking around like Walter Brennan as Grampa McCoy.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 06/02/2024 at 01:06:06