WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2004 06:18 pm
Well, I have to go study for a final now.

Sat. was wasted and so was most of Sunday. The most productive thing I did today was beg a2k for money. Though of we base it off the results of that thus far, it makes me a sad sad person.

Please don't reply to anything I have posted today/tonight. I will only sit here hitting Refresh waiting to reply back, and if I can't be strong ...someone else should be.

No-doz, I love you. *pops a few more in mouth*

Be Back tomorrow after lunch.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2004 06:59 pm
*two tootsie Roll pops later*

<refresh>
<refresh>
<refresh>
<refresh>
<refresh>
<refresh>
<refresh>
<refresh>
<refresh>
<refresh>
<refresh>
<refresh>
<refresh>
<refresh>

hmm...

Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2004 07:16 pm
<waving at Joahaeyo!!>

<and wondering what kind of a nickname we're gonna make for her -- that one doesn't trip off the keyboard. Jo? :-?>
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2004 07:19 pm
lol

I got so sick of hitting refresh.

okay, now that you've made me smile.

I'm really going to study now.

(after Simple Life is over ...that is)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2004 07:25 pm
:-)

Good luck studying... "Simple Life" would be great research for, um, an anthropology class?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2004 07:42 pm
Interesting. Where are you Joahaeyo, in school, studying for finals? Here in the States, students still have a few weeks before returning after summer vacation.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2004 07:46 pm
Summer school for me ends this Wed.

I'm at Texas A&M.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2004 07:48 pm
Oh. When does the fall semester begin there?
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2004 07:49 pm
Don't quote me on this, but I think around Sep 1 or maybe that monday.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 06:35 am
I know there's no controlling the weather so, to grit one's teeth is pretty fruitless but gee whiz. We're doing our first big outdoor barbecue of the year on Sunday and ever since last week, the weatherchannel has predicted sunny and warm. Today, suddenly, it's going to be cloudy with a 30% chance of thunderstorms.

grrrrrrrrrrr and damn.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 07:33 am
It's a hurricane threatening my barbecue!!
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 08:15 am
I've been grimacing today as I'm wearing a suit and tie & sitting in an office, while outside the rest of the world seems to be sitting about enjoying the rare English sunshine.

I hate summer.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 12:45 am
Grimace & act like it hasn't affected you:

I'm teaching (a short contract position) at a small school that works with "the unmanage-ables" of the school system. It is challenging! Shocked Today one child said something particularly unpleasant to me. Then a second later he asked: "Do teachers' have feelings, Olga?" They may not have many social skills, but they are EXPERTS in pushing buttons! Evil or Very Mad The teachers who work there permanently are saints!
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 05:15 am
I've occasionaly thought of switching careers to teaching, probably maths or science to older kids, and then I realise that I have only a fraction of the patience needed to be a teacher. My mum teaches as well, and she started teaching PE to 11-16 age group, and has slowly moved down the age range to teach nursery/reception class (4-5). She loves teaching the little kids how to read, count etc etc. alot more than teaching hockey to the big ones.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 12:01 pm
Grrrr...
A collection company is threatening to screw me about a situation from five years ago.

My checkbook was stolen and reported to the police and the bank in 1999. I wrote letters to all of the establishments who received these bad checks, Target, Toys Are US, Pizza Hut, Eddie Bauer, etc. and provided them with copies of the police report and the signed and notorized statement from the bank. Haven't heard a peep since then. Until two weeks ago.

A new collection agency representing Pizza Hut is now trying to jam me for that old bad check. 56.00. I still have the original letter sent on my computer but just recently, in the last few months, getting rid of old paper, I foolishly threw out the police report and statement from the bank and now I have nothing to back this new agency up off of me. Now I've got to either go through all of the rigamarole of getting this paperwork from the bank and the police AGAIN or just pay up and hope it doesn't draw any of the others out of the woodwork.
Grrrrr....
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 12:14 pm
Sorry eoe - that's a rotten decision to make.

Yesterday I had to vent to my housemate. I've had a tediously trying (nothing major) few weeks. I like my down time, I like my solitude. I need my weekends to be relatively uncluttered. But, because I can't say no to people, I've had busy weekends and after-hours for 3-4 weeks. I've been to the airport 4 times (twice at 6 a.m.) in the last 3 weeks. I've bab sat 3 weekends of the last 4 - one was an over-night in another state and one was while I was visiting my parents on the cape (a haven for me). I helped the summer sublettor move out and into her new place. I drove the new housemate grocery shopping and to target within 36 hours of her arrival (she just HAD to go to target, asap). And I waited around for the first 2 days of my vacation (which started thursday) for other people's packages to be delivered.

I was supposed to go hiking today, but it's raining. My diabetic cat just got a little ketonic (not good), my dog is slowly becoming unable to walk. I just spent 480.00 to replace belts on my car (did I really need that timing belt replaced?) and need to spend another 250.00 within a couple months. I may not be able to eat anything but rice and beans and pasta for the rest of the month.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 12:59 pm
Good grief littlek! Just breathe...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 01:01 pm
Eek.

Start saying no, sister.

(I sympathize, though.)
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 04:18 pm
couldn't find my keys

always results in a clean room

then realizing your keys were where you always set them (but covered by a ziplock bag)

keys, remotes, and sometimes your bra after a rumble session should come with those beep things that help you locate a phone. always have trouble finding these things when they're needed the most.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 04:31 pm
That bit about losing your bra after a rumble session made me grit my teeth in a good way....

Back to reality, doesn't it seem like when you're getting ready to go somewhere that there is always one more thing you remebered that you need to take...and usually after you're in the car. grrrrrr

Always one more thing....
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 09/21/2024 at 09:34:41