WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

msolga

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 08:39 pm
Sounds like fun! Shocked
Every day? Shocked
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2004 08:14 am
My computer has been the source of much grimness of late. A virus was causing all sorts of weird & wonderful (?) things to happen. I won't go into the details, just trust me - just about anything that could have malfunctioned, did! Evil or Very Mad Shocked Confused
So now I have it back & have fingers crossed that things will be OK for a while. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2004 09:30 am
squinney has been gone over a week....I got up and looked at the condition of the cave today....umm umm umm.....
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 08:48 am
So, BPB, all tidied up now? Very Happy
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 05:35 pm
Driving is always what makes me grimace, it seems. Well, sometimes my little charges do as well.

But, today was a bad driving day. Carrying 2 sleeping children and my dog with hips that don't work so good, I was driving from my house to the kids' house. A guy came flying out of a side street a ways in front of me without stopping and without waiting for a break in traffic. He was trying to take a left onto a busy 4-lane street (of course the lanes aren't marked and there's curb-parking along both sides). He just stopped in front of me waiting for a break in the (oncoming from my point of view) traffic. I had just enough room to go around him. I could have stopped, but my dog would have hit the windshield and the kids would have jolted. I honked and flipped him off. He flipped me off in return. bastid.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 06:27 am
Yeah! Bastid! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 09:06 am
msolga wrote:
So, BPB, all tidied up now? Very Happy

nope, but I'm going to tackle the problem today before the board of health shows up and closes down the place Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 10:44 am
I was notified that my merchant group client is planning to bid out the director duties for the annual Xmas event that I began two years ago. And they want me to submit a bid like other event planners and p.r. consultants.

I am the most longstanding member of this organization, and they expect me to bid against non-members? Further, I have donated my services to direct this event for the past two years. If anyone deserves to be paid for doing it now, I do. They also made it plain that if they decide to hire someone else, they still expect me to donate my time & talent as before. I assured them that that will not happen. And I should not have to bid for a job that I created and defined.

So now I'm having to gather up my supporters in advance of a big meeting on Thurs. morning about this.

GRRRRRRR!!!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 02:06 pm
Oh man, Eva, that really sucks!!

Is that what you're on the warpath about? (I've seen two references to this in posts of yours today, went looking as to what the cause would be... hope things are, other than this massive annoyance, OK.)
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 04:39 pm
Yes. I just finished yelling at one person about it (LOOOOOONG overdue!) and notifying the president of the association that I am considering resigning.

This is probably the angriest I've been in over a year. It's difficult to even get angry when you're on antidepressants, you know, but this has just been too much. I've bitten two people's heads off so far, and more will roll before I'm through!!!!!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 09:14 pm
Go Eva! Very Happy
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 09:34 pm
problem is - those people grow new heads easily Sad
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 09:42 pm
That's okay, margo. I'm angry enough to keep biting off heads for weeks if I have to.

I have been nice long enough. Too long, in fact. They have taken advantage of me, taken me for granted, disrespected me, and treated me in an unprofessional manner. And I am not going to take any more of it. And I am DAMN sure not going down quietly.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 09:55 pm
YES!!!! She is Woman, hear her roar! Very Happy
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 10:37 pm
GRRRRRRR!!!!!

(Perhaps a bit o'sleep will help, you think? I shall let you know in the morning.)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 10:42 pm
Gentle dreams, Eva! Smile
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 11:21 pm
I have a dental appointment tomorrow. boo hoo....
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 10:37 am
Has this happened to anyone else? I have an Epson 1280 printer. Ran out of color ink and opened up a new box. I noticed that the cellophane and plastic packaging had been torn but paying no attention, I placed the new cartridge in its' slot and waited for the little red light to go out. It never did. Turned out, the cartridge was empty and only then did I notice that the bottom of the box had been tampered with. I grabbed a receipt, jumped in my car and shot up to Staples. Didn't check the receipt until I was in the parking lot. Guess what? wrong receipt. This is really the grimace and grit your teeth part because now I had to go back home, get the correct receipt and come back. I wanted to slap myself like Annette Bening in American Beauty. What a stupid waste of time.
Happily, Staples had no problem exchanging the ink. Maybe the fact that I bought four more helped? But a friend said that this has happened to her and she read or heard something about it on one of the newsmagazine programs. There's some kind of thing going around with new printer ink cartridges being swapped out for old ones and returned to the store. Or, she said, maybe it's the employees? All I can say is, thank goodness this happened today and not yesterday when I was trying to make deadline.

That's right eva. Get 'em in line. Kick some ass!
Good luck at the dentist, c.i.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 11:49 am
eoe, Funny you should mention the Epson 1280, because I'm waiting for FedEx to delivery mine today! I already bought extra ink cartridges, and looking forward to printing some 11X14 pictures. How do you like the Epson 1280? Just got back from the dentist's office, and the cleaning went well - except the hygienist said I had more placque. The dentist said I also need to have two fillings replaced, because they're worn down.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 11:57 am
c.i., I loved the Epson 1520 and hated to have to give it up but the 1280 is better. The printing is superb and I haven't even tried it beyond the 360dpi fine setting. 1440 must be stupendous. The only thing is that the paper loads from the top instead of the front, like the 1520, and it's awkward for my office setup but...we manage.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 09/21/2024 at 02:21:56