WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

Montana

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 09:57 am
I'm so terribly sorry Eva! You have my deepest sympathies. I lost my very best friend of 25 years to breast cancer a year and a half ago and she was the same age as your friend. Way too young!
(((((Hug))))
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 04:30 am
I came here to have a bit of a whinge, then read Eva's post & forgot what I was going to say.
I'm so sorry about your friend, Eva.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 11:46 am
Thanks, gals. Life is not fair. That's worth at least a GRRRRRRRRRRR.....
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 08:06 pm
It certainly is, Eva. And a deep sigh ...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 08:28 pm
a little grrrrrrrrrrrr

it's been raining a lot lately, so i haven't really been able to get into the garden.

i'm not really a fan of cutesy little garden ornaments, but i found a very sweet little terracotta cherub at Goodwill the other weekend. i couldn't really garden - so putting the cherub on top of a tiny brick wall edging a path, i felt like i was almost gardening. i realized yesterday morning that someone stole it overnight. on top of the series of shed and porch arsons in the neighbourhood over the last 2 weeks, it's making me feel quite suspicious of my neighbours. grrrrrrrrrrr
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 08:31 pm
Not a good feeling is it, ehBeth, being suspicious of the neighbours. Sad
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 08:36 pm
I'm quite angry at whoever has been doing these bad things. I like my neighbours, but I know that someone very close by is doing bad bad things. Having to be suspicious and cautious - and waking up each time the dogs bark - it's making me very angry.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 08:45 pm
Two weeks of garden arsons. Surprised I'm wondering what the thief would do with the stolen stuff. They could hardly display the goodies in their own garden, could they?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 10:22 pm
Could it be neighborhood kids?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 10:51 pm
Possibly, eoe, but wouldn't their parents notice that the shed was getting cluttered with strange garden ornaments, etc?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 05:50 am
I'm fairly sure it's not kids. Which makes me even more annoyed.
When I first moved into this house, hamburger gave me some hosta cuttings - most of which I put in the front. I got up on a couple of mornings to discover they'd been dug up! Evil or Very Mad I moved the survivors to the backyard, so I could have a hosta nursery - and moved them out front when they were bigger and more difficult to dig up and walk around with.

The gardeners can be pretty aggressive around here.

One of the reasons I'm sure the cherub theft is a gardener is that you had to look very carefully behind the squills, and in front of the lungwort, to see the little character sitting on a 2-brick high mini wall. You'd have had to be very interested in the plants, and looking at the garden itself.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 10:50 pm
ehBeth

Erk! You'd have to be rather nasty to steal someone's CUTTINGS! Shocked
Yep is sounds like a gardener, alright ... A lazy & immoral one! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 2 May, 2004 04:00 am
How's this for grimace inspiring material?: I was wandering through a shop in a bit of a daze this afternoon & almost collided with my ex & his latest love interest! Shocked Surprised I don't know who was more shocked - him or me!
But, boy, he got outa there fast! Laughing
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 2 May, 2004 04:15 pm
I had to let a band member go today.....only two types of musicians in my band...team players and ex members...I don't give a damn how good they are......I've now been in a shitty mood all day........
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 10:05 pm
Sorry BPB, but yah gotta do what yah gotta do! Don't feel bad, it was written .... so be it!
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 10:58 pm
eoe wrote:
My husband is a pc user while I'm on the mac. He's the computer geek of our family and I have all respect for that but a few minutes ago, while showing me how to transfer files from the laptop to desktop, he said to 'right click' on the document knowing full well that, just because I have a microsoft mouse doesn't mean that I use it that way, as a pc user would. I use it as a mac user and he knows this but instead of making it clear what needed to be done, he insisted on telling me what to do and how to do it. His way. Right click.
I was so furious, I left the room. We always fight about computer issues. It's so silly and it's all ego, both his and mine. Rolling Eyes

The solution is clear.

Show him your buttox.

Then, start sticking a fork in it, over and over and over again, and scream the following:

"Cheese, cheese, cheese, on my knees, knees, knees. Eat a small, small boy, fart on my Mom, Mom, Mom."

This has worked 17 times for me in a variety of circumstances far worse than your current predicament.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 11:43 pm
How do you define "worked"?
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 11:47 pm
australians tend to make me grimace and grit my teeth. Very Happy
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 12:11 am
Garn, feather features, ya really love us!
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 06:52 pm
locked the keys in the car
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 09/21/2024 at 08:18:58