WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

smorgs

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 05:49 am
Thanks everyone for your kind/funny comments.

Take care JPB.

x
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 05:53 am
Ooooooooooooooh, Sarah! Shocked

Bloody vandals!

Wouldn't you just like to catch them in the act? Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 05:57 am
I sooooo would, msolga!

I really wish I could just knock on their door and ask them why?

There was nothing to take? And the paving slab was from my own path, so it must have been difficult to get it up. I live in (outskirts) of whats considered to be a 'bad' area, lots of drug abuse and poverty...

I can only think someone was THAT desperate...

x
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 06:01 am
... or else someone behaving very badly! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 06:02 am
True...

(that's even worse - don't you think)

x
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 06:06 am
Absolutely!
Anti-social hoons do stuff like that!

Do you have the cash to pay for the repairs?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 02:32 am
msolga wrote:
msolga wrote:
Had an abominable job interview today. Aggghhh!
You know, when everything goes wrong? Yep, that was mine. Normally I'm pretty good in interview situations, but this one .... Shocked
I can't bring myself to talk about the details. I'm trying to forget about it. I still don't know the outcome (they'd be following up referees now) but I'm not exactly optimistic. Sad

As I suspected, I didn't get it. Oh well. Rolling Eyes
There's a lot more to this story, but right now I haven't the heart to tell.
I feel like I want to give this job application business a rest for a while.
I'm tired & pretty dispirited & really want a break.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 03:58 am
[size=7]I'm typing this very quietly, as at this moment in time, I am inside one of Her Majesty's Prisons, and I don't want too many people to know I'm here, as they will all start finding an excuse to come in and chat.

Why do Prisons always smell of boiled cabbage and disinfectant?

The reason I'm gnashing my teeth today, is that I have to interview a particularly unsavoury character, which is a bad enough reason on its own, but the fact is, he has said all along that he won't attend any interviews appertaining to his Court case, so there is a 99% chance that my trip on the rush hour tube, followed by a train journey and then a long walk in the rain, may all be for nothing.
I have to be here though, just in case he changes his mind and decides to cooperate.
Nothing like running round in circles and disappearing up one's own arse, just to tick all the boxes for Court.

I am now gnashing, but very quietly........

PS.........I'm so sorry you didn't get the job, Msolga. They are obviously blind to your many qualities, and it is therefore their loss.
Keep your chin up, you Aussie person you.

Shhhhhhh.....I think someone's coming.[/size]
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 04:41 am
[size=7]Thought so! Total waste of time. I'm going to give it ten more minutes, and then I'm buggering off!

More quiet gnashing......[/size]
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 06:00 am
Lord Ellpus's tiny writing - yoiks!
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 06:23 am
Awww ms - that sucks...

Chin up though gorgeous, I am sure they were not worthy of you
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 06:44 am
Sheettttt, msolga - I'm sure, some will know your qualities. Soon, I hope.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 07:18 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:
[size=7]
Nothing like running round in circles and disappearing up one's own arse, just to tick all the boxes for Court.[/size]

That's hysterical Laughing
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 07:22 am
Sorry, msolga. I misread your earlier post, thinking you had gotten good news. I'm sure you'll find something soon.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 08:19 am
Rotten luck msolga. (But then, if the administration couldn't see past interview nerves they may not have been great to work with. A perfect fit will come along.)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 02:17 pm
msolga wrote:
msolga wrote:
msolga wrote:
Had an abominable job interview today. Aggghhh!
You know, when everything goes wrong? Yep, that was mine. Normally I'm pretty good in interview situations, but this one .... Shocked
I can't bring myself to talk about the details. I'm trying to forget about it. I still don't know the outcome (they'd be following up referees now) but I'm not exactly optimistic. Sad

As I suspected, I didn't get it. Oh well. Rolling Eyes
There's a lot more to this story, but right now I haven't the heart to tell.
I feel like I want to give this job application business a rest for a while.
I'm tired & pretty dispirited & really want a break.

Damn!!!!

Yet the mortgage demands you keep going?

Can you put yourself on a relief teacher list? (You're gonna tell me you're already on it, I know.)

Going for jobs when you really need one sucks. It's bad enough when you have one and you're just kinda exploring.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Msolga))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I hope today doesn't make me grimace etc, but yesterday did.

I have been fighting some damn bug for the last couple of weeks....yesterday, after improving, I woke up really ill again, and decided I really needed a day's rest.

So...I call work to cancel appointments.

As I am on the phone, a bunch of slats on my dumb slat bed decide to fall out, almost dumping me on the floor...and they are a bastard to put back.

The clerical person who answered is the least helpful, and it took her forever to get moving on cancelling my 9.30. In the end she gave me the number and I tried.

Couldn't get through.

Cursing and muttering, I ran downstairs to fly into work and see the people I couldn't cancel.

My starter motor is dying, but the car almost started twice, and I was too hyped to act fast enough to get it going. Then, it wouldn't start at all. I was about to call a taxi, but realised I was already late, and would likely not get a taxi for over half an hour, so I called work, and apologised over the phone to my clients, who had arrived. In a bit I have to go downstairs and see if I have a car that works, cos I am still too unwell to walk to work today, and it's gonna be hot.

I slept for hours, then tried to put my bed back together (which will slowly be a losing battle, as I damaged its structural integrity a couple of years ago by trying to move it too fast...it's a lightly made bed, and it's a long story, but it's true). I hurt my back and sustained major bruising during this process.

Then I decided to do a quick vacuum...and discovered that I really damaged my vacuum cleaner's handle...the bit that deals with all the electrics....when I was in a wee accident with it a while ago. It will have to go to the vacuum doctor. Then it gave me a startlingly painful electric shock.

And now I don't have a thing to wear.
0 Replies

Tarah

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 05:17 pm
msolga, rejection under any guise hurts and I really feel for you. I see though you say you're normally pretty good in interview situations, so you're most definitely one up of many of us.

I'm sure you'll sail through your next interview.

The only thing I'm gritting my teeth about today is that I lost at bridge. :wink:
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 06:54 am
Thanks for your kind thoughts, dearies. What a nice, supportive bunch you are. Very Happy

But ... it wasn't the administration that was the cause of my frightful interview: It was someone I considered a friend! <sigh> A very complicated situation that has caused me quite a bit of heart-ache. I haven't the energy to go into the long, rambling story tonight (10 minutes to midnight) but I may, later. All things considered, it's probably for the best that I won't be working in that school. I just wish I'd followed my (usually impeccable) instincts & had given the interview a big miss! It felt like a very bad dream. Shocked

I am pleased to announce that today I am feeling much better! Very Happy
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 09:17 am
Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience, but I'm glad you've brushed it off. You should consider a move to the States. We have a teacher shortage at the moment.
0 Replies

Tarah

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 09:17 am
msolga, that's a whole new subject. Instincts. Goodness knows how we have them and where they come from, but if yours are generally impeccable then perhaps we should simply celebrate that we've got 'em.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 10/06/2024 at 01:36:35