Betty Bowers reviews Mel Gibson's film The Passion of Christ

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2004 01:34 pm
hobitbob wrote:
Christendom, ca. 600-1900 CE. Very Happy

To me, your post seems to imply that a non-negligible subset of contemporary Christians have a stated desire to kill heretics. Who do you mean, and when did he/she say something of this nature?
0 Replies

yeahman

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2004 01:53 pm
Re: truth
JLNobody wrote:
I was surprised that Ebert and what'shisname gave thumbs up to the Gibson film, because it was well crafted. Well, a good sculptor could craft a good statue made from feces and about feces. Would that do it?
I guess in these postmodern times it just might.

Yes because its subject matter is so lacking compared to a movie about a racing horse.

Anybody here who is critical of the film, actually see it?
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2004 02:30 pm
Several of us have.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2004 08:55 pm
If you read this thread and the one in Politics thoroughly you will find that the negative reviews are primarilly by those who have seen it and the defense is primarilly by those who haven't seen it. I said something about that on the other thread.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2004 09:09 am
The Passion of the Christ: Blooper Reel
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2004 10:41 am
That's special. Laughing

Apparantly the moderators decided to movie the thread in Politics over to Film. There is also a thread going on Spirituality and Religion. The film has now made enough money for Gibson to laugh all the way to the bank.
0 Replies