Facebook - copying and sharing content

LyndaT

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 09:49 pm
Can somone who is afriend on my facebook, copy entire threads and then send this to someone who I have blocked and who may not be friends with other posters in this thread?

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 10:05 pm
@LyndaT,
Yes, they can make screen shots and send it to whoever they want to.
However, if a "friend" of mine would do so, I "de-friend" him/her.....
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 10:10 pm
@LyndaT,
I find it surprising, the number of posters who raise Facebook user issues here.

Is there an avenue within Facebook where such inquiries can be addressed?

Could we have a link to that service?

I don't think it has anything to do with A2K.
Ragman

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 11:18 pm
@msolga,
It is probable that FB activity has nothing inherently to do with A2K. However when and if you Google a query about FB, many of such type questions can and do get answered here. For example if a question about Facebook is entered by Googling and then answered here, then there's a known pathway on which 'Netizens travel more frequently for FB answers to issues.

People who ask the questions don't care who or where their queries are answered. I don't know that FB has it built in to the interface to answer in any sufficient detail and support their members but I could be wrong. I look forward to seeing answers from people who are more familiar with FB than I am. I use it but in a limited way.
msolga

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 11:31 pm
@Ragman,
Yes, sure, Ragman.

But at the same time, would it be too much to expect Facebook to supply much easier access to solutions to problems encountered on it's own site?
Ragman

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2012 12:13 am
@msolga,
Users there get what they pay for. It's free. Ihave become disaffected with it due to the regular problems it has with security. I go there to keep in touch with far off family and friends and acquaintances and to play an occasional game or two.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2012 05:27 am
@msolga,
Facebook has extremely bad customer service, but that's to be expected - they are huge and they are free. You do not get answers to inquiries, and the avenue to making inquiries is difficult to find (if it's not shut down entirely by now). This is by design, I am sure, as otherwise they would need a much, much larger staff.

Instead, they can get away with a small staff and probably just handle issues when a lot of people hit "ignore" or "report" on a particular post or user, and a lot of that is probably automated as well.

This will not change. They will not develop better customer service, because it does not matter. Posters on FB need to understand that they are not the customers - they are the product. The customers are the advertisers.
Setanta

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2012 05:29 am
@jespah,
I'll bet their real customer service--to the advertisers--is quick and effective.
msolga

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2012 05:37 am
@jespah,
Interesting insight for this non-FB user.
Thanks, jespah.

I'm rather glad not to be one of their "products", then. Wink
Sounds like FB has gotten too big for its own boots.
Also sounds live they could do with some serious competition, though I won't be holding my breath that'll be happening any time soon.
Setanta

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2012 05:43 am
@msolga,
It wouldnn't really matter, Miss Olga. Any competitor would only be competing for the advertisers, and would have no more interest in the members than Facebook does.
jespah

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2012 05:44 am
@msolga,
They won't get real competition, at least not for a while. Google+ and some others have tried, but they haven't hit the same vibe. You would have to be so similar that it would end up as infringement, I feel.

Truly, the things that really keep FB up there are 1) being able to like and share without actually being on the site (e. g. all those like buttons everywhere, so the site is ubiquitous) and
2) the ability to easily share multimedia content. You put a video on FB and it's just click, share, you're done, and it looks good. Putting a video on A2K, for example, requires knowing how to use youtube code. And even if a youtube button is put into the BBCode Editor, it's still possible to mess it up.

So you get a feeling that FB is everywhere (and it is) and you get very quick positive strokes from sharing.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2012 05:49 am
@Setanta,
You're probably right about that.
Phooey to Facebook! Smile
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2012 06:31 am
@msolga,
msolga wrote:
Is there an avenue within Facebook where such inquiries can be addressed?

Could we have a link to that service?

I don't think it has anything to do with A2K.

So what? Facebook has more users than Australia has citizens. And people still discuss Australia on this American webite. Wink
msolga

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2012 06:43 am
@Thomas,
We don't ask you for help to fix our (Oz) problems though.
msolga

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2012 07:00 am
@msolga,
It's no big deal
I just wondered why there were FB-related inquiries here so often, that's all.
When FB seemed the logical place to direct such inquiries or to ask for assistance.
But courtesy of jespah & others I now know why.
Because Facebook offers next to no assistance to its users.
0 Replies

trying2learn

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2012 07:13 am
@Setanta,
I agree with you and I have experienced excellent support from the game sites.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2012 01:29 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:
We don't ask you for help to fix our (Oz) problems though.

You don't have to. If you Australians need help with a regime change, we'll be happy to invade you whether you ask us to or not.
msolga

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2012 08:29 pm
@Thomas,
I know.
But that wouldn't be fixing any of our problems, though.
CalamityJane

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2012 09:20 pm
@msolga,
Sooner or later you'll join facebook too, MsOlga! You really don't have
to divulge any private information at all. Just sign in as MsOlga, open an email account by yahoo or gmail just for facebook and you're in!

Then you search for "Calamity Jane" and you'll find me. There is also an a2k group and in no time you'll have a lot of a2k people in your friend list.
The nice thing about facebook is - at least for the a2k friends, you only add those you really like and you don't have to be content with the "troll fraction" - they're omitted entirely.

msolga

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2012 10:08 pm
@CalamityJane,
We shall see, Jane. Smile

But seriously, right now I think it would be very unwise (! Wink ) for me to spend any more time on the internet. I am trying to cut down.
0 Replies