Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 09:37 am
@raprap,
Shotguns do a wonderful job on snakes.
rosborne979

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 09:47 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
Shotguns do a wonderful job on snakes.
So do big sticks, machete's or shovels. And they're more effective, more stealthy, more elegant, more "manly" (if that's what you're after), cheaper, and you don't need to reload them. I'm beginning to think "gun people" are pussies.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 09:53 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
The Neanderthal was a cannibalistic creature which nonetheless buried his own dead; that means that a typical Neanderthal saw the living world as neatly divided into two parts i.e. his own family group, and meat. That also means that Cro Magnons never had to face more than 20 - 30 of them at any one time, that was the most major factor. Other factors were fire (a creature with a 6" fur coat was fairly easy to simply light up), dogs (to prevent incursions and defeat most of the Neanderthals' advantage from night vision), and casting weaponry, particularly the atlatl.

And you know this how? From that one guy who wrote that fanciful book which conflicts with much of the evidence and is obviously intended just to be sensational and to sell books?

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a wonderful story too, and I love the sci-fi like images of big scary ape men. But the Morlocks were done better in the movies already.

http://www.gwthomas.org/morlock1.jpg
gungasnake

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 10:25 am
@rosborne979,
One part of the thing which is fairly simple is the question of why amongst the myriad Neanderthal toolkits and tools which have been found, nobody has ever found a needle..... Funny thing, a creature with a 6" ice-age fur coat doesn't require clothing or needles.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 11:21 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
I'd be willing to accept a simple apology now, before making you look like a total bumbling/blathering imbecile since you are clearly dealing from total ignorance on this topic
For wht? Not accepting the xclear non-scientific crap of some writer who only wants to sell science fiction. You realize that the vast amounts of forensic knowledge and genetic knowedge of neanderthals says just the opposite of your "Nightime radio" friend Vendramini.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 11:32 am
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:
There are lots of good ideas in our constitution,
but easily the most valuable idea for every country on the planet is the First Amendment.
The 2nd Amendment is there to enforce the other amendments.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 11:34 am

Newt gave a nice speech to NRA.

Last year, he rendered a really well informed historical one,
qua the history of the Bill of Rights; beautiful. He is a freedom-lover.

David
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 12:04 pm
@farmerman,
OK... What exactly is it that you think you know about Neanderthals which Danny Vendramini doesn't??

You might want to take a look at the references page for Vendramini's book before replying:

http://www.themandus.org/References-them+us.pdf

On Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZbmywzGAVs
gungasnake

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 12:06 pm
Note that Vendramini is making several loosely related claims involving ancient human and hominid types. There is only one of those claims which does not appear to be supported by good evidence, that is, the claim of gracile hominids punk-eeking into Cro Magnons due to predation pressure from Neanderthals. Vendramini's description of Neanderthals appears to be the first good one.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 12:15 pm
@farmerman,
Latest on themandus.org is that television rights for Vendramini's thesis have just now been picked up by NHNZ (Natural History New Zealand).

That's a reasonably happy ending. Vendramini and Elaine Morgan are the two most major cases I know of evoloserism not sufficing to totally ruin good scientific thinking.

How many other examples do you know of somebody succeeding in life despite the crippling effects of evoloserism on their disciplines?
parados

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 04:29 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
OK... What exactly is it that you think you know about Neanderthals which Danny Vendramini doesn't??

The first thing FM knows that poor DV doesn't is how the skull was attached to the spine. But that is because DV doesn't know much of anything about biology.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 04:54 pm
@gungasnake,
the problem you have is that youve arrived at a conclusion and then youve searched around for opinions of others that seemingly support your own . SCience doesnt work that way and since your Vendramini is self taught and lacking in skills, when he states things, he isnt necessarily there for reference. Hes not any kind of authority and probably has only seen neanderthal bones in his wet dreams.

If you feel you must continue following the stupid path, be my guest. Just do not expect any kind of encomia from this outfit.
Vendramini is a fraud and youre a dumass for following him. (But I think youve suspected that)
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 05:12 pm
I met a man from N. Orleans once who lived near the swamps. He told me every year, like clock work, more boneheads drown while fending off snakes than from being bit. He said the snakes will drop out the trees while you're fishing and the fishermen will freak, shoot at 'em and blow out the bottom of their boats...
I guess if the snakes don't get 'em the gators will.
raprap

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 06:33 pm
@Ceili,
Perhaps that's a way Newtie can drop out of the GOP nomination process--he can go fishing.

Rap
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2012 05:38 am
@Ceili,
Ceili wrote:
I met a man from N. Orleans once who lived near the swamps. He told me every year, like clock work, more boneheads drown while fending off snakes than from being bit. He said the snakes will drop out the trees while you're fishing and the fishermen will freak, shoot at 'em and blow out the bottom of their boats...
I guess if the snakes don't get 'em the gators will.
I 've heard that drowning is much nicer
than death from envenomation.

David
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2012 10:41 am
@gungasnake,
Paticularly Snakes that walk on two legs.
0 Replies