Name for a theatre company - any suggestions?

snood

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 09:31 am
Pleiades
(The seven mythical sisters - credited with, among other things inventing ritual dances and nightime festivals)
0 Replies

saab

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 11:31 am
Just talked to my daughter, who is in the Londoner theatre world.
Asked her what she would suggest.
Short and catching - she said.
And what about those who are looking for a job?
A name they can remember easily - short and catching.
If it will be with operas ? - try to get the word in the name in one way or other.
hingehead

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 02:05 pm
@saab,
Hi Saab

I think you're missing my point - we are talking about theatre companies - not theatres. A theatre is a physical structure with an address. A theatre company is a group of people who put on plays, and hire a theatre to perform in.

I don't see how the name Pink Floyd tells non-English speakers that it is a rock band or that they can get a job in it.

Then again I may be misunderstanding your point.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 02:26 pm
@saab,
Short and Catching Theater Company might be a great ironic metaname.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 02:32 pm
@tsarstepan,
Sounds a lot like the Short and Curlies Theatre Company and perversely enough I'd buy a yearly membership to that house of art. Razz
0 Replies

saab

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 11:24 pm
@hingehead,
Thanks......my sloppy reading did get me in trouble.

I don´t think that I would notice Pink Floyd first and the music afterwards.I think I liked the music and noted the name.

When you hear ABBA do you think about Mamma Mia or about pickled heerings??? Or about Mamma´s home made heerings?

It can be both. The group ABBA and pickled heerings.
hingehead

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 12:25 am
@saab,
Really? there's a brand of pickled herrings called ABBA? Didn't know that. Can you hear the rollmops, Fernando?
saab

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 12:53 am
@hingehead,
http://anttopants.blogg.se/images/2010/silltresorter_70495582.jpg

served with new popatoes, dill and sour cream and salted butter on knäckebröd. Oh don´t forget the beer in the refrigirator and maybe a small icecold snaps. Aalborg Aquavit
hingehead

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 01:10 am
@saab,
Hmmm. Beer.
0 Replies

arindam

Reply Sat 17 Aug, 2013 02:11 am
@The Pentacle Queen,
I Arindama Mukherjee. The Citizen of Bangladesh. I have completed my M.A degree from Rabindra Bharati University from the department of Dramatics
I performed as an actor in Theatre & film media in both country india & Bangladesh. I have also worked as a Co- director & director in video media in both country in India & Bangladesh . I worked in the Gazi television as an Coordinator program, 1st December 2011 to till
My hobby is a lot of learning and a strong desire to work. I do not have money. Let sit a day eating.
This is what you can do to help me? I would have no meaning without instructions

Thanks
Arindam Mukherjee binku
0 Replies