gravitational frame dragging and the red shift

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 01:26 am
I believe that there may be a link between frame dragging and the red shift and have devised of model of the universe in which gravitational frame dragging may be the cause of the red shift.I have no math, a little science, some general knowledge and only my imagination to guide me so I need some help. Is anybody interested?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 776 • Replies: 2
No top replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 03:40 am
@Rodney Haynes,
I'm interested. Go for it.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 04:47 am
@Rodney Haynes,
Rodney Haynes' profile wrote:
I am just a retired farmer with a life-long love of studying the universe and am convinced that our current model of the universe is wrong simply because it seems to place our galaxy at the center of the universe, which is highly unlikely and implies that the idea that the red shift is a result of a Doppler effect must also be wrong.

I think it's great that you're interested in such things. Hopefully what I have to tell you will only increase your interest...

But the first thing you should know is that our current model of the Universe does NOT place our Galaxy at the center of the Universe.

The Universal red shift which we observe is not a result of "movement/velocity" away from a common center. It is a a result of the expansion of space itself, which occurs everywhere equally, which results in an impression of being "at the center" from anywhere an observer would look.

If you didn't already know this, then I suspect it will strongly affect any theories you have related to frame dragging and red shift.

Frame dragging is much less well understood than many other aspects of cosmology. I still don't completely understand Frame Dragging, even after reading many detailed articles on it.
0 Replies