What are the Pros and Cons of moving to Costa Rica?

dlowan

Tue 3 Oct, 2006 03:12 pm
Thank you Fbaezer!

I hope finances look up, Bill. Hope it is not too bad????
0 Replies

ossobuco

Tue 3 Oct, 2006 03:26 pm
Hey, O'Bill, you've pals here.. we don't care if you're looking at broke (me too).

I've a Venice, CA pal in Brazil right now, guy I've tried and tried to get to post on a2k. He's still into sending emails around circuits of pals. Not to knock that entirely, as he has an interesting circle.. Mebbe I'll post his latest.

All this by way of saying I'm happy Craven is in Costa Rica, and still has a tie to San Diego, which I sort of hate and sort of love, more to do about me than the place.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Tue 3 Oct, 2006 04:24 pm
Craven, I couldn't care less about Saprissa, Costa Rica's "big" team.
I thought you were in San José. I guess I didn't read throughly.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Thu 5 Oct, 2006 02:55 pm
fbaezer wrote:

IMO, Craven is not much like the Cariocas I've met, but rather like the Paulistas, which is, in a sense, closer to big city Mexicans than to Cariocas.

Costa Ricans would be half way between Mineiros and Cariocas (somewhat tamer and provincial, but with zest), which would mean like Mexicans of the relatively small Gulf cities. Got it?

I have to say, that's spot on. You have a pretty impressive understanding of the latin cultures, especially without having been to Brazil (right?).

OCCOM BILL wrote:
Knowing you're there makes me want to re-visit twice as bad as ever.

Come by sometime, I have a 3-bedroom apartment that and can put up guests as long as no other co-workers are in town.

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll definitely check the restaurant out when I can!
0 Replies

fbaezer

Thu 5 Oct, 2006 04:14 pm
I've never been to Brazil -or Costa Rica- but I guess I know enough Brazilians and Ticos to have a point of view.
I am glad to have been "spot on" from your viewpoint.
0 Replies

costarica123

Fri 1 Jun, 2012 07:53 am
@ehBeth,
What area did they move to? I am seeking information on which areas to avoid when relocating?
0 Replies

costarica123

Fri 1 Jun, 2012 07:54 am
@OCCOM BILL,
Can you share which area they purchased the B&B in as I am looking for safe areas to relocate to.
cicerone imposter

Fri 1 Jun, 2012 08:07 am
@costarica123,
My visit to Costa Rica was some time ago, but I remember visiting the "American section" in the foothills of San Jose. I would think that area would be relatively "safe."
0 Replies