Import/Export... Where do you get the really cheap stuff?

Wed 18 Feb, 2004 09:44 am
As many of you know; I'm going to Costa Rica again at the end of this month. I intend to file the necessary paper work to bring things in to sell. Right now; I'm looking for where I can buy the cheapest 100 Personal CD players I can find. In the future; I plan to ship containers full of various electronics, but I want to start new relationships out by giving away CD players. Does anyone know where I could get them CHEAP? Best I've found so far; is $12.88 each. Any and all help would be appreciated. Thank you!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 7,428 • Replies: 17
Topic Closed
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Wed 18 Feb, 2004 10:15 am
Bill- I looked around, and this looked interesting:
http://www.liquidationoverstock.com/electronics.htm#f
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Wed 18 Feb, 2004 10:27 am
Thanks darling... I hadn't found that one! I just filled out their request form... I just know I can do better than $12.88... I've heard they can be had for $4 to $6... But not by anyone who can tell me where! Thanks again!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Wed 18 Feb, 2004 05:27 pm
HELP! (Just bumping with fingers crossed :wink: )
0 Replies

SealPoet

Wed 18 Feb, 2004 08:01 pm
You mean like... fell off the back of the truck?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Wed 18 Feb, 2004 08:43 pm
SealPoet wrote:
You mean like... fell off the back of the truck?
LOL, no. I'll need to be able show an invoice in case I get tagged at airport customs (doubtful, but possible). Taxes will run just shy of 50% of the invoice price, so every dollar I can beat the $12.88 by will save me a buck and a half. Also, any company that will give the super lowball price will likely be able to get me great prices on other stuff too. The hundred pieces are kind of a two sided ice-breaker. I don't speak Chinese... and would prefer avoiding having to go China to find the deals myself. I'm hoping there is someone who has the supply chain already in place that would like to add an extra stream of revenue to their existing business.
Anybody?
0 Replies

Montana

Thu 19 Feb, 2004 06:53 am
Bookmark
0 Replies

squinney

Sat 15 May, 2004 05:12 pm
Hey, Bill. didja ever find what you needed? I have thousands of wholesale item sources. PM if you want me to e-mail them to you. (Most lists are PDF format so you will need the free Acrobat Reader)
0 Replies

pap71

Sun 9 Jan, 2005 05:27 am
Please provide me the information for wholesale sources.
squinney wrote:
Hey, Bill. didja ever find what you needed? I have thousands of wholesale item sources. PM if you want me to e-mail them to you. (Most lists are PDF format so you will need the free Acrobat Reader)

Please provide me the wholesale information and sources.
my email is [email protected]
0 Replies

swallowed by the cracks

Sun 9 Jan, 2005 06:08 am
Good on you Occom Bill. I really admire what you are doing. I wish you all the best and hope it works out.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Sun 9 Jan, 2005 07:56 am
swallowed by the cracks wrote:
Good on you Occom Bill. I really admire what you are doing. I wish you all the best and hope it works out.
Laughing Your admiration is misplaced. Embarrassed I altered the plan and brought 4 of the biggest suitcases you ever saw stuffed with various electronics... figuring why not just test the water? Fell face down... and returned with the vast majority of what I left with. I was too late... because someone had already filled the niche through an ultra-cheap channel in Nicaragua. Live and learn. :wink:

Welcome to A2K!
0 Replies

gevingo

Mon 17 Jan, 2005 08:26 pm
not give up yet, right?
"Your admiration is misplaced. I altered the plan and brought 4 of the biggest suitcases you ever saw stuffed with various electronics... figuring why not just test the water? Fell face down... and returned with the vast majority of what I left with. I was too late... because someone had already filled the niche through an ultra-cheap channel in Nicaragua. Live and learn. "

Sorry to hear that, not GIVE UP yet, right? We may work together. I am a Chinese, used to work for multinational company in China for sourcing. Now, I am in Canada (not too far from you), doing purchasing and logistic for an import company. Most of their products are from China too. Thinking of doing my own business, if you have sell' s channel, my expience and connection in China will make it a perfect fit. Take care.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Mon 17 Jan, 2005 08:47 pm
I just sent you an email. Please let me know if you get it!
0 Replies

gevingo

Mon 17 Jan, 2005 09:11 pm
Just sent you an Email, talk to you later.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Mon 17 Jan, 2005 10:39 pm
Very cool. I'll get back to you via email tomorrow. You might want to edit your post to remove your email now so the spammers don't get it.
0 Replies

robert10

Sat 30 Jul, 2005 02:00 pm
Want to buy watches from China
I want to ask a question to gevingo or someone that knows how to find a Trading Company. I would like to start small business of watches and I do believe the best place to start is buying from China (very good prices). Could some one please direct me on to the right direction?

Thanks
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Sun 31 Jul, 2005 04:43 am
I've little doubt he's the right guy to help you out. Had I went in that direction; I've little doubt I'd have done so with him. Good Luck!
0 Replies

qb

Fri 19 Jun, 2009 08:02 am
@OCCOM BILL,
Hi there,
I'm not sure where to get the products, but when you require a shipper you can give me a shout.
0 Replies