If SCOTUS Kills ObamaCare Should Obama go After SCOTUS..... Again?

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2012 04:36 am
David, given that that's what you're trying to do, it's really a shame that you've strayed so far from it.
djjd62

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2012 05:30 am
i'm a centaurist when it comes to politicians, they might have the heads of humans, but in the end there's just a horses ass
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 4 Apr, 2012 02:53 am
@MontereyJack,
I don't accept your premise,
but in a spirit of open-mindedness,
I 'm willing consider any deviations therefrom that u care to cite.

David
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2012 06:09 pm
@MontereyJack,
This response is, at best, laughable.

All conservatives, be they elected or appointed officials, are extremists, while all prominent liberals, be they elected or appointed officials, are centrists.

And you question my perspective?

What the hell is a "small bulk," and how have you arrived at the self-serving, albeit entirely inaccurate, assessment that only a "small percentage" of Americans are conservative?

Check all the polls on this subject and you will find that Americans self identify as conservative rather than liberal at a ratio of almost 2:1.

Since Americans self-identifying as conservative represent the largest segment of the population, even if they, as you ridicuously claim, consider everyone else unAmerican, how might they be making this judgment about the vast majority of Americans?

Oh, you are pure and we are not!

How delighfully rich that you inadvertantly reveal yourself to be a firm member of the offenders which trigger your programmed outrage.

Yours is the classic response of a Liberal who feels that by accepting such a designation has obtained permission to make the most outlandish contradictory of arguments when engaged with a conservative.

Foolish hypocrisy, thy name is MontereyJack

0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2012 06:21 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
That made me laugh. He just excoriated them...no bombs. Risky move. He lines up by Nixon - the last one to do it. Mr. Green
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2012 10:54 pm
Finn, You just pretty much proved my point. If you look at how Americans self-identify, Gallup in 2012 has conservatives 41%, MODERATES 36%, liberals 21%. THREE categories, not two, and moderates are kind of by definition centrists. But if you insist on reducing it to two, then pretty much the centrists agree with the liberals, since the Republicans have moved so far to the right that they've left out the people who have been moderates for the last several decades and would once have voted Republican.

Further, when you look at what people actually believe, rather than what they call themselves, you find point after point where majorities, often large ones, disagree with the conservative memes. That's the centrists, and the liberals. I'm talking about birth control, contraception, abortion, the environment, environmental regulation, gays in the military, same sex marriage, regulation of the financial industry, increasing taxes to reduce the national debt, particularly on the very wealthy, but also taxes in general, and on and on. That's why support for the Tea Party has dropped by a third. That's why Obama is double digits up on the Republican wannabes. You guys are pulling farther and farther away from the center. Don;t let me stop you in that effort. I encourage it. If you insist that there are only two groups, conservatives and everyone else, then by default that makes the four justices and Obama liberals. But that also makes the large majority of the country liberals. Go ahead, marginalize yourselves. Fine with me.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2012 12:03 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
If you look at how Americans self-identify, Gallup in 2012 has conservatives 41%, MODERATES 36%, liberals 21%. THREE categories, not two, and moderates are kind of by definition centrists.
Either that or "none of the above".....it all depends upon which way you want to spin the data. You might have noticed that we dont have a "moderate" party, nor a Parliament. .
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2012 01:52 am
the three categories total 98%, so "none of the above" isn't more than 2%. And since you only have two choices, a wide spectrum of beliefs aren't going to map onto them perfectly. The Republicans are making that easier by repelling more people this year.
0 Replies