@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

peace of mind & peace of mind

which involves all the choices
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2012 04:57 pm
@Rickoshay75,
It depends on the moment. When I'm sick good health is most important; when I'm lonely it's good relationships. Peace of mind is not important when I first wake up in the morning, and helping others is of little value when I don't see anyone in need. I'm content with my poor memory now that I'm retired...Everything seems situational rather than absolute in its value.
north

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2012 05:06 pm
@JLNobody,
JLNobody wrote:

It depends on the moment. When I'm sick good health is most important; when I'm lonely it's good relationships. Peace of mind is not important when I first wake up in the morning, and helping others is of little value when I don't see anyone in need. I'm content with my poor memory now that I'm retired...Everything seems situational rather than absolute in its value.

no doubt

but otherwise ALL are important

JLNobody

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2012 08:51 pm
@north,
Right!
demonhunter

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2012 11:59 pm
@JLNobody,
TROLL
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 31 Mar, 2012 09:21 am
I said good health and peace of mind because if I'm physically and mentally well I'm capable of all the others.

Years ago when I was in therapy for panic disorder, the therapist asked me what my goal was. I thought for a few seconds, and said "peace"

She asked me again further down the road, and I gave the same answer. I got the impression she was hoping for more, or a different anwer that 2nd time, but no, that was what I was working toward.
JLNobody

Reply Sat 31 Mar, 2012 01:09 pm
@chai2,
I think that is what we are all working toward, peace or equanimity.
Rickoshay75

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 01:11 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

I said good health and peace of mind because if I'm physically and mentally well I'm capable of all the others.

Years ago when I was in therapy for panic disorder, the therapist asked me what my goal was. I thought for a few seconds, and said "peace"

She asked me again further down the road, and I gave the same answer. I got the impression she was hoping for more, or a different anwer that 2nd time, but no, that was what I was working toward.

I too had panic attacks at night before I finally went to sleep. It all disappeared with my constant ankle pain. Those with diabetic neuropathy will know what I mean.
0 Replies

NoSuchThing

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 06:46 pm
@Rickoshay75,
Good health, twice, since it is the consequence of all the others.
0 Replies

Rickoshay75

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 01:02 pm
@JLNobody,
JLNobody wrote:

I think that is what we are all working toward, peace or equanimity.

I would like to believe that but there are too many activities where hate, aggression and fear are a constant-- sports, war, politics...
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 01:39 pm
By the way, many people suffer panic attacks because of the way they breathe, short, fast, shallow breaths that tend to build up an imbalance in the brain between oxygen and carbon dioxide. This is sometimes called hyperventilation and can be reduced by breathing into a bag to recover carbon dioxide. It think this hyperventilation--an excess of oxygen--is experienced as an excess of carbon dioxide with the effect that people breathe harder and exaserbate their condition which is really an excess of oxygen.
0 Replies