Freedom of Religion? Nonsense!

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 01:42 am
Religious Freedom is a universal human right!! " Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion..." Human Rights Act 1998. Except that it goes on to say; " subject only to such limitations as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a democratic society...."
Instead of beating about the bush we should plainly say that our Human Rights Act, and civil law based on it, has primacy over religious formulae. "Everyone has the the right to freedom of thought .... Nobody has the freedom to practise religious belief contrary to the Human Rights Act and civil law based on it..."
As a society we must first decide if we are a Theocracy, with civil law subject to traditional law contained in a religion, or religions, or a consensus of religions. If we are not then, do we allow private families the right to their own religious observance, however obnoxious this may be to others. If not, then do we have Altruistic principles, advising civil law and prior to fixed religious traditions and formulae.
IF this country has primacy in the Human Rights Act, or a similar Act, then everyone entering this country for employment or settlement should be required to understand and agree to this primacy, over any belief they may have to the contrary, but not so as to contravene the right they have to express contrary opinion.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 1,347 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 03:17 am
@RW Standing,
What???
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 03:38 am
First time you've read one of this joker's threads?
farmerman

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 03:48 am
@Setanta,
our(US) Constitution provides for freedom of religious expression and prevents a state religion from being established. This is about as simply stated as it needs to be.

Anything else is gilding a lilly.
AND, PS, there are some inconsistancies in the presentation by the author of the thread.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 03:50 am
@Setanta,
Yeah, first time I've read anything by the author.

I do not understand what he was trying to say. If this is just the way he writes...I'll pass.
Joe Nation

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 04:10 am
@Frank Apisa,
I think he suspects Sharia is lurking about. Or Mormonism. Mebbe Catholics and Jews and Brethren.

Joe(the list goes on)Nation
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 04:10 am
This guy never seems to be interested in discussion, but rather seems to want to lecture. My experience is that he's less than coherent.
CoastalRat

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 07:01 am
@Setanta,
I think your experience is probably right in line with everyone's experience.
0 Replies