Question, place thread in forum

dalehileman

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2012 02:40 pm
@sozobe,
Quote:
A single thread can be in several fora at once.
Yes and that’s a great feature indeed, I like it.

Once more thanks for your patience but looking up at the top I don’t see a link (or icon? or tagling?) called “tag this thread" (or “tag this tag, or “tag this forum," or whatever terminology is appropriate here)

And yes I remember about a week ago somebody explained how to access the tag box but I’d have to spend another week looking for the thread (tag?) in which it’s explained so just this last time if you’d reply I’m much obliged, then don’t feel obligated to serve the Average Clod (me) if you feel you’ve already done the duty
dalehileman

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2012 02:42 pm
@djjd62,
Good one Djj
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2012 02:53 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

Once more thanks for your patience but looking up at the top I don’t see a link (or icon? or tagling?) called “tag this thread" (or “tag this tag, or “tag this forum," or whatever terminology is appropriate here)

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/8397/40197968.jpg

(Image courtesy of Region Philbis.)
dalehileman

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2012 02:58 pm
@sozobe,
Aha! Soz, now I remember—thanks once more

Incidentally if forums are listed in order of popularity why do Language and Riddles (1,2) come before American Politics (no. 48)

There can’t be that much interest in the former two while the latter with upcoming elections of crazy candidates is all over the news
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2012 03:12 pm
@sozobe,
Aha! Soz, I tried it, it works. Thanks profusely

Still, a suggestion: At least the first page of the forum listing, the most popular, should come up with the tag box or in the same window especially if you've forgotten the exact name of the forum (tag? thread?), so one would just click on the one in which he’s interested or at very least copy-paste it

But boy how I wish I could scroll an edit. Yes the arrows are easy and work fine but when I lean back away from the keyboard I like to use the mouse for anything I can. Oh even if you could instead make the scroll bar appear instantly--though best approach like most other forums of this sort, have all three ways to scroll

Just suggestions, not critical issues, not of earth-shaking importance, not criticisms, not complaints, and forgive me if excessively forthright, I realize how time consuming it is to alter site software and wouldn’t blame anya’ya for rejecting my ideas
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2012 10:39 am
@dalehileman,
Quote:
Quote:
How did you come up with 48?
I counted them, here:

http://able2know.org/forums/
that's only the first page, dh.

there's a Next Page button at the bottom of Page One.

i checked, you can go back 5 pages...
dalehileman

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2012 03:24 pm
@Region Philbis,
Again thank you Reg. As you can imagine my confusion comes from almost 2 decades dealing with forums using purchased software
0 Replies