Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 11:12 pm
His Word, as given to me.

Rockhead

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 11:16 pm
@His Word,
my uncle fired up the spreader one time, and didn't tell me what he was doing.

I couldn't run fast enough, by golly there was manure in the air thick as cowpie flies.

since that time, I try to avoid them whenever possible...
roger

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 11:35 pm
@Rockhead,
My uncle figured out a much better system. He used to go around the pasture shoveling cow flops into the wagon, then shoveling it into the spreader, taking it out behind the tractor and putting it back into the field. After years of doing this, he accomplished the same thing just by leaving it alone.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 11:42 pm
@roger,
that makes a lot more sense to me...

as I recall it, my uncle was punished by karma rather than my granddad.

his horse returned alone (I ran back to the farmhouse hollering about holy flying crap) with the saddle under his belly. apparently he had forgotten to re-tighten the cinch. we walked out toward the pasture to find him limping home.

I imagine it was quite a wild ride down...
roger

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 01:21 am
@Rockhead,
Like airplanes, if you survive, it was a good landing. If you can use the plane again, it was a great landing.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 03:36 am
So, in this thread, it would be appropriate to say that the bullshit is flying?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 06:46 am
@Rockhead,
I have a Case Spreader which has a series of side discharge chutes. Their motto is
'We stand behind our manure spreader"
farmerman

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 06:49 am
@farmerman,
the nuance of language in all its hues and subleties makes me glad that we dont have to worry about having only one way to describe snow.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 07:09 am
@His Word,
Are we talking about hazelnut chocolate spread? An all natural butter spread? Mayonnaise: plain or chipotle flavored? Or another delicious sandwich spread?
0 Replies

flesh out

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 08:09 am
@His Word,
I can help His Word: Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 08:26 am
@His Word,
Tastes like butter
Sturgis

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 08:32 am
@ehBeth,
Parkay.

(although I have an urge to start singing
'If you think it's butter, but it's not, it's Chiffon'....it's not nice to fool mother nature)

0 Replies