• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 8 • Views: 969 • Replies: 18
No top replies

wandeljw

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2012 08:42 am
@djjd62,
Have you thought about a mega-church instead? Many of them have theme parks with water slides, recreations of biblical towns, all sorts of fun stuff. If your property was nearby, it may increase in value, you can rent rooms to visitors from Alabama, the possibilities are endless.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2012 08:53 am
I had a preacher for a landlord once't . . . man, that was one cold-hearted, greedy son of a bitch . . .
Fido

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2012 09:19 am
@Setanta,
Do me a favor, and don't run down bitches to make a point about greedy preachers... God gave them the right... It only seems like a mystery, but if people were not allowed to make a living preaching it is unlikely that anyone would much do it... Consider, that if the religious leaders did not join the financiers and capitalist in making life so hard for people, then there would either be no preachers to speak of, or too many to count...The people are demoralized or they would not accept so much immorality from their fellow citizens, their government, and their religious leaders... If they were moral, they would see how little is the need of moralizing, but if they were moral enough to demand justice of themselves and their fellow citizens, it would certainly come off as preaching...

The spirit of the people, and of the nation should be right up there in our affections with God... It is no wonder that those who want God to decide everything have already decided half of us are not worthy of civil rights, and that is immoral... But worse than immoral, such behavior is immorality pretending to be the servant of morality...Church people are not worth the rights they want to rob from us with a majority vote... Rights should never have to stand for a vote... When a right injures, it should be clear to all that it is no right, but a wrong... Those who attack rights should themselves have to stand in defense of their actions...
Setanta

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2012 09:42 am
@Fido,
Idiot . . .
Fido

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2012 07:46 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Idiot . . .
Two words for you, Yard Bird... Cluck, Cluck!
ossobuco

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2012 08:21 pm
Building a mansion in the sky.....
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2012 08:24 pm
I can't see it.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 02:21 am
@Fido,
Idiot
Fido

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 06:20 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Idiot
Dictionary
Setanta

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 08:44 am
@Fido,
Idiot
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 08:55 am
@Fido,
What the hell are you going on about?? You always turn light-hearted banter into some strange, digressing moralizing nonsense. Get a sense of humour or stay out of conversations you don't understand.
Fido

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 10:22 am
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

What the hell are you going on about?? You always turn light-hearted banter into some strange, digressing moralizing nonsense. Get a sense of humour or stay out of conversations you don't understand.
Well, mame; a moralist may be as close as a philosopher may get to philosophy without being a scientist, so I am that... Doesn't your head belong up your arse, or buried in sand??? Better yet... Shove it up Setanta.... He is all ass, so there is plenty of room for your little moot...
djjd62

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 10:23 am
@Fido,
Idiot
Fido

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 01:51 pm
@Mame,
Let me apologize.... I don't know you, and shouldn't jump on you... If morality is nonsense to you, then that it is... Some folks just want to have fun, and there is always some party pooper wanting to make a point... Considere that you have made yours...Thanks.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 01:55 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

Idiot
That wouldn't bother me so much if it were not in some part true, and if it were not always an idiot with a label trying to adopt me into their tribe- thinking they're giving me the honor of being one with them... ...
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 02:03 pm
@djjd62,
Buy a house next door to a church, just don't buy a house next door to Fido, once he spots you, there's no getting away from him.
Fido

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 02:14 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Buy a house next door to a church, just don't buy a house next door to Fido, once he spots you, there's no getting away from him.
Absolutely true... If you want to get away from me you are going to have to get your butt hole off my virtual finger, first...And; It only sounds easy...
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2012 11:11 am
@Mame,
Quote:
strange, digressing moralizing nonsense

excellent!
0 Replies