Should I delete backups from old (dead) computer?

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 09:59 pm
My computer, (laptop-Vista), recently died. I did all the backups on a WD Elements 320GB portable hard drive. I now have a new laptop, Windows 7, which now has all my files on the hard drive. I did my first backup on the new computer to find that I only have 63GB left. Should I delete all the files from the old computer now that I have the new one up and running or should I keep them?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,116 • Replies: 4
No top replies

roger

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 10:05 pm
@Curley54,
If the new one is fully backed up, I can't see the harm. Assuming that it's the external drive that is getting crowded, I see a strong argument for some housekeeping.
Curley54

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2012 01:05 am
@roger,
Thank you Roger for your reply, yes it is an external drive that's overcrowded. A system image was backed up on the new computer so I can delete all the backups from the old one. Thank you for your advice.
0 Replies

n4nurul

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2012 10:53 am
@Curley54,
yea You can transfer all file to your new one but before that you need to make virus free to your old file
Curley54

Reply Sat 31 Mar, 2012 04:28 am
@n4nurul,
Thank you n4nurul for your reply, I will keep that in mind. Thanks for your help.
0 Replies