My neighbor is on a fixed income

Rockhead

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2012 10:38 pm
@ossobuco,
strong, but self-defeating as a strategy.

you know what Bob would tell you to do...
ossobuco

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2012 10:55 pm
@Rockhead,
Bob and I would argue.

we'll see.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2012 10:58 pm
@ossobuco,
the squeaky wheel gets the grease when you're dealing with the gubmint...

please keep on top of it. you'll feel so much better when the stress of it all is off of you...

good luck.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2012 11:10 pm
@Rockhead,
Thank you for us being able to talk.

0 Replies

EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2012 07:09 am
My brother and I share a few of our grandmothers bills, she wouldn't make it on her own and refuses to live with anyone. That's what families do, some elderly don't have family that can help them out.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2012 01:12 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
Firefly, I'm actually semi friends with a couple of ca congress people, though they don't know of my circumstances and I wouldn't push either of them to do stuff.

I'm not suggesting you should push friends, or semi-friends. I suggested you call the regional office of your member of Congress because your problem is exactly the sort of thing their staff helps constituents with, it's part of their job. They may be able to cut through some of the Medicaid bureaucracy for you. You have nothing to lose by giving them a call, and you know you'll get a real person to talk to on the other end. They may be able to get another phone call scheduled for you without any hassle--or find out exactly who you should call to get that accomplished.

You have the letters telling you to expect a phone call. Some glitch happened and you never got the call. So, the glitch needs to be straightened out. It's a pain in the neck, but the important thing is that you get the medical coverage you need. Don't give up.

jcboy

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2012 07:50 pm
@ossobuco,
Marco had to leave for Orlando until Friday. Another new clinic opened. I’m sure he will check back in this weekend. But I read him what Firefly posted and he agreed. Call the regional office, his staff has to do that everyday.

I’m thrilled Gilbert’s electric is back on, although I didn’t miss his security light that shines between the two house at night. Maybe it will burn out.

I’m lucky to have him as a neighbor watching over our dogs, they are part of our family.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2012 08:11 pm
@firefly,
Well, you're right. A long time friend of ours, an assemblywoman then, back in CA, had her office do just this kind of thing. I can get myself together - one just gets situationally depressed and avoidant. I know better; thanks for the push, friend.

Just read your post, thank you too, jcboy.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2012 08:23 pm
I called the office of my local member of parliament a while back because of a problem.

I asked who I had to have killed to get something done - and they kind of sorted it out for me! As much as they could, anyway.

One of the benefits of living in an Italian area! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 06:58 am
@jcboy,
Is he watching the turtles as well? Very Happy
chai2

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 08:32 am
@EqualityFLSTPete,
hey, let's be reasonable! The turtles too? Wink
EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 08:52 am
@chai2,
I only said that because Morgan hates it when I call them turtles, he yells at me THEY'RE TORTOISES Smile
jcboy

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2012 10:56 am
Gilbert is the best person we could have to take care of our dogs. He loves them! Brings them in and puts them in their crates everyday to nap and get out of the heat. Its been working out very well, we are thankful he’s our neighbor.
saab

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2012 12:53 am
@jcboy,
Do you have your dogs in a crate in your home? For how many hours?
I am just curious.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2012 02:07 am
@EqualityFLSTPete,
EqualityFLSTPete wrote:
I only said that because Morgan hates it when I call them turtles, he yells at me THEY'RE TORTOISES Smile
What is the distinction ?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2012 02:12 am
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:
Gilbert is the best person we could have to take care of our dogs. He loves them! Brings them in and puts them in their crates everyday to nap and get out of the heat. Its been working out very well, we are thankful he’s our neighbor.
He is fortunate to have such a thoughtful,
warm-hearted nabor as yourself, Morgan.

It is good symbiosis.

David
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2012 02:16 am
@OmSigDAVID,
They say, where there is a will there is a way.

And, in addition, not embarrasing the elderly, yet helping them, priceless.

You are in-deed as Firefly stated, a kind soul JC.

You know 72 isn't that old either Smile And whilst the light bothers you it protects you as well Smile
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2012 02:21 am
@FOUND SOUL,
FOUND SOUL wrote:
They say, where there is a will there is a way.
Yes; my mom used to say that.

FOUND SOUL wrote:
And, in addition, not embarrasing the elderly, yet helping them, priceless.

You are in-deed as Firefly stated, a kind soul JC.

You know 72 isn't that old either Smile And whilst the light bothers you it protects you as well Smile
AGREED.

David
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2012 02:34 am
@OmSigDAVID,
So did my Grandmother Smile
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2012 08:34 am
@saab,
Quote:
Do you have your dogs in a crate in your home? For how many hours?
I am just curious.

He brings them in at 2 and lets them back out at 4, just before I get home. They pretty much just take a nap.

They sleep inside at night in their crates, before we go to bed I just tell them “get in your beds" and the three of them go straight to their crates.
0 Replies