Have you ever had to just stand by and watch?

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2012 11:15 am
Sometimes, I see something wrong, but I'm silent about it. not because I don't care, but because I don't know what to do about it. What can I do?

Fido

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2012 02:15 pm
@hamilton,
Have I ever had to just stand by and watch... Very often when I have been the victim I too have had to watch, and do nothing; So my answer here is: All MY Fcking life... I grew up with a man cursed by God... I grew up with rude and insensitive parents... I grew up seeing people demonstrating for their lack of rights being hosed down from hydrants and having police dogs set on them... Life has not in any sense grown better with or without my objection to it... Cruel people, in denial of their own pain seek positions from which they can inflict torment without consequences for their actions... Humanity is devilish in it pursuit of new means of infliciting pain and humiliation upon humanity... The death wish is our fondest dream... God damn us... We can never learn to love...
To care for others is poison... When so many need help you must begin to judge people as worthy, or less worthy of help...The very act of judgment puts us in that same class of people who makes their bread out of the misery of human kind, who judge some as prey and themselves as preditor... We are not all mother Theresa... To care at all is to die a little at the sight of inhumanity... And it is so difficult to not judge, but only to do what you can for those who need...Until you have nothing left to give... As Socrates was supposed to have said: there will be justice in Athens when those not injured by injustice are as indignant as those who are...Even if we cannot afford to care, we should save some energy for indignance...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2012 02:19 pm
@hamilton,
sometimes watching is all you can do...

I had to move from an apartment because I could no longer bear to listen to my neighbors and their dramas that escalated into physical violence. and both parties were equally to blame.

As you get older, you will know when to get involved. and having witnessed previous scenes allows you the perspective to understand what you are seeing.

life is hard. keep searching for what's right, and you will be OK...
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2012 07:50 pm
@hamilton,
Quote:
I see something wrong, I don't know what to do about it, What can I do?

Talk to someone about each specific thing that you see as being wrong. Can you give us an example of something wrong, that you don't know what to do about ?
Fido

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 07:45 am
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

sometimes watching is all you can do...

I had to move from an apartment because I could no longer bear to listen to my neighbors and their dramas that escalated into physical violence. and both parties were equally to blame.

As you get older, you will know when to get involved. and having witnessed previous scenes allows you the perspective to understand what you are seeing.

life is hard. keep searching for what's right, and you will be OK...
Usually, both parties share some blame for their toxic relationships... You must have great ears and insight to judge the equality of responsibility... Tough times are as hard as good times on a relationship... I find it hard to jusdge, and easy to sympathize...
Fido

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 07:48 am
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:
I see something wrong, I don't know what to do about it, What can I do?

Talk to someone about each specific thing that you see as being wrong. Can you give us an example of something wrong, that you don't know what to do about ?
It was reported, that once asked when there would be justice in Athens, that Socrates replied: When those not injured by injustice are as indignant as those who are...
If you are a witness, try to be a good one, and take offense at injustice, and wait for the opportunity to make thing right..
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 08:27 am
@Fido,
she was a crackhead. and tried to hit on me when he wasn't around.

he was a hard drinking Texan with a big mouth.

and the walls were paper thin.

she'd always start it, and he always finished it by loudly cursing and smacking her while he screwed her, and she cried at him to get off of her.

sober up and repeat.

you tell me who's at fault...

I still can't find any sympathy for either of them.
Fido

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 07:17 pm
@Rockhead,
Idn't love inscrutable... Why not drop a dime on them??? Maybe in Jail they would get the help they need!!! No such luck...
0 Replies