Windows will not start please help

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 09:46 am
Hi all,

I have had the following problem a few times. Each time I have just reformatted but I have the PC all set up now and dont have the time to reinstall as I have a ton of files on my main drive.

My PC starts starts resetting itself, then eventualy it gets to the stage where cycle redunancy checks happen and windows freezes. I then get the BSOD, then it wont start up at all and I get a screen saying unable to start then it goes into the "Start up repair" and it just runs and runs.

I havent installed anything lately other than Windows updates.

When I first started getting this error I thought it was due to me using a system tidy up tool. When it happened I was FTP'ing and the last 2 programs installed were FlashFXP and some other FTP program. I was also using Filezilla at the same time. I was searching transfering files from one server to another with FlashFXP and Filezilla was downloading a file from my box to the desktop.

My Harddrive is less than a year old and I have had no clicks etc. No hardware has been added lately or since the last format.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of repairing this?

If need be I will install Ubuntu to save my files and reinstall after that but I would rather fix the issue. I have tested the harddrive after the last format and it came up ok.

Help please.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,670 • Replies: 4
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 11:07 am
@Andrea23,
Get an external drive that you update "regularly."
Carlow Olson

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 08:45 am
@cicerone imposter,
Hello friends,

I haven't re-formatted anything at all yet. Not planning to do so till I can get this fixed and get all the files and documents I need. I'm somewhat compute literate, but what exactly do you mean to "remove the hard drive and slave it?"

So if I am correct, Take the hard drive out and put into another computer...and just get all my files?

Also a question for everyone...Has this happened to you and if so what did you do to fix it?

Best regards
Carlow Olson
parados

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 08:49 am
@Andrea23,
Have you started in safe mode?

Press F8 while the computer starts up to get the option to start in safe mode.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 08:51 am
@Carlow Olson,
Quote:
So if I am correct, Take the hard drive out and put into another computer...and just get all my files?

Yes, that would do it.

You can also start your computer with a linux Live CD which would allow you to attach a USB drive and save your files that way.
0 Replies