Branded shoes

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 11:58 pm
Is it advisable to buy a cheaply price but so beautifully styled and fashionable, unique shoes?

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2012 12:57 am
@Brooke2000,
No. Get shoes that fit well and are comfortable whether you buy cheap or expensive shoes. You need to make sure your feet is supported, because foot problems as you get older can make you into a handicapped walker.

When we were kids, we could only afford Gallen Kamp shoes. They lasted one month, but we had to stuff our shoes with cardboard, because the soles didn't last long. Yes, they were probably the cheapest shoes around.

During my working career, I worked for Florsheim Shoe Company, one of he premier shoe companies in the US. I still have Florsheim Shoes that I bought over quarter of a century ago that still looks new, and are still comfortable on my feet, but my regular walking shoes now are Rockports. I rarely use my Florsheim Shoes. I try to get Rockports on sale.

When you go to any shoe store, put on both shoes and walk in them on soft and hard floors. Believe it or not, most people's feet are not the same size. Make sure the fit is comfortable, and you don't have anywhere that feels too small, squeezed or pinched.

Good luck.
0 Replies