Baking Powder Biscuits
Pre-heat Oven to 425°F
YIELD: 300 Biscuits or 100 Portions, each portion 3 biscuits (1 ounce each)
Flour, sifted 15 lbs (30 cups)
Baking powder 15 oz.
Salt 3 oz.
Shortening 3 3/4 lb.
Milk 5 or 6 qt.
1. Sift dry ingredients into bowl of mixing machine.
2. Add shortening to flour mixture and blend until consistency of cornmeal (low speed, approximately 3 minutes).
3. Add milk and mix until dough is formed (low speed, approximately 1 minute).
4. Place portion of dough onto lightly floured surface, knead until dough is smooth.
5. Shape into a ball and roll to a uniform thickness of 1/2 inch.
Bake on greased cookie sheets, one inch apart, at 425° for ten minutes or until brown.
How big a mixer (mixing bowl) do you have?
How big an oven?
You should be able to cut this by 1/3.
and then make it up in 1/3 batches so you will have room to bake them all.
We used to do this for the
Manchester Coon and Fox Hunting Club's
Annual Eat Everything You Killed This Year but Still have in Your Freezer Breakfast/Dinner.
Joe(we ate all day)Nation