• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 3,392 • Replies: 4
No top replies

outgoingpeep

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2012 08:31 pm
@jacksinj02,
Pro-life supporters generally believe that a human person comes into existence at conception. Some believe that somatic cell nuclear transfer is sufficiently similar to normal conception with an egg and spermatozoa that a human person also comes into existence during therapeutic cloning. The process of extracting stem cells involves killing the embryo. To many pro-lifers, this is murder. They feel that murdering one person, the embryo, to cure another person of paralysis, or diabetes, or heart disease, etc. can never be justified. Therapeutic cloning research may well be limited to those countries, like China, the UK, and perhaps Canada, where pro-life supporters are relatively few in number.
0 Replies

tcmve

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2012 07:23 am
@jacksinj02,
Not all therapeutic cloning involves embryos. These are a few other sources of stem cells (which are used in therapeutic cloning) that do not require tampering with an embryo.
Adult stem cells: can be found in tissue such as bone marrow, the liver, and body fat
IPS (Induced Pluripotent Stem cells): somatic (body) cells that have been "reprogrammed" to revert to stem cells
AFS (Amniotic Fluid Stem cells): as the name suggests, they are taken from the amniotic fluid that surrounds a baby. This fluid is usually discarded at birth.
zeroyanke7

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2017 06:56 pm
@tcmve,
Dr. Phil is a good intermediary between me drawing a barn. Look at Transoceans symbol. That is wild. A wild one.
We should help celebrate chaos, says John Hogue. What? Kobani is not the same as Kosovo.
Bostonman maybe you should swing on trees and eat raw carrots. Or tell me if you think James Whitey Bulger looks like Johnny Depp. This isn't the Jon Stewart show or the Chris Stirewalt show of eating sauerkraut. I'm from avenue C, says Geraldo. Where is that. Cloning? I was hanging out with James Whitey Bulger. No just kidding. Bostonman have you seen showtime's new drama show billions? Do you think that is a show? Does it look like an endless river of evil. And Fox news host kissing butt to a Ukrainian boxer. Hey bostonman I guess you have heard of him. This is all about being satan educated. And I don't even know what that means anymore. Watch Fox news and it is a bunch of people cooking and making crab cakes. And talking about your blood platelets and eating dove meat with a Mr. Goodbar. What is this the movie They Live? A bad day for the market, says Lou Dobbs. What is the market? Making Mammoths with water moccasin DNA? Talking to Ukrainian boxers and kissing their butt? A new gun violence tax? I thought Fox news hit a low when Sean Hannity was playing basketball with Willie Robertson from Duck Dynasty. Oh and then there was the duggers. To make mainstream americans remember that there is a place in America called Arkansas and to put it back on the map.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2017 06:09 am
@zeroyanke7,
zeroyanke7 wrote:

Dr. Phil is a good intermediary between me drawing a barn. Look at Transoceans symbol. That is wild. A wild one.
We should help celebrate chaos, says John Hogue. What? Kobani is not the same as Kosovo.
Bostonman maybe you should swing on trees and eat raw carrots. Or tell me if you think James Whitey Bulger looks like Johnny Depp. This isn't the Jon Stewart show or the Chris Stirewalt show of eating sauerkraut. I'm from avenue C, says Geraldo. Where is that. Cloning? I was hanging out with James Whitey Bulger. No just kidding. Bostonman have you seen showtime's new drama show billions? Do you think that is a show? Does it look like an endless river of evil. And Fox news host kissing butt to a Ukrainian boxer. Hey bostonman I guess you have heard of him. This is all about being satan educated. And I don't even know what that means anymore. Watch Fox news and it is a bunch of people cooking and making crab cakes. And talking about your blood platelets and eating dove meat with a Mr. Goodbar. What is this the movie They Live? A bad day for the market, says Lou Dobbs. What is the market? Making Mammoths with water moccasin DNA? Talking to Ukrainian boxers and kissing their butt? A new gun violence tax? I thought Fox news hit a low when Sean Hannity was playing basketball with Willie Robertson from Duck Dynasty. Oh and then there was the duggers. To make mainstream americans remember that there is a place in America called Arkansas and to put it back on the map.

Not so shocking to confess but I really don't miss these once prevalent schizophrenic word salads.
0 Replies