I'm pretty tired of catholics; I used to be one

ossobuco

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 11:33 pm
@hawkeye10,
I meant that as laughing, that 85 percent of us have health care.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 11:37 pm
@ossobuco,
Yep that's what penultimate means.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 11:41 pm
@hawkeye10,
Hawkeye, you are fluming.
Shut the **** up and see what people have to say about the immediate situation.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 11:49 pm
@maxdancona,
You expect 100% satisfaction. I don't because I know it is impossible.

I also know that 85% is quite a good, not just acceptable, achievement across the board.

And Obamacare will respond to rising health care costs?

Do you really believe that?

Quote:
The good thing about government is that government belongs to me.

Until it doesn't.

Give the president you like unprescedent power, and it won't be long before one you don't like has them as well.

You lefties crack me up with your outrage about imperial presidents. You actually like imperial presidents as long as they promote positions with which you agree.

The great irony is that the imperial president you all put in power doesn't really give a **** about what you think or want. If Obama wins a second term, do you really think he will care one whit what anyone in America, including the people who voted for him, thinks?

Children all.

maxdancona

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 06:42 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn, it is difficult to have an intelligent discussion with you when you keep on shifting statements and distorting positions.

First, the 85% number you presented is not for "satisfaction", it is for the number of Americans who have health care coverage at all. It is not at all good compared to pretty much any other wealthy country in the world.

Second, I have never suggested anything other than a democratic process. Obamacare was passed through the legislature and signed into law just like any other law. For the record I am not very happy with Obamacare, it is a half-assed law, a temporary band-aid at best that I don't think will lower health care costs very much. We still need a real single-payer health care system.

Your use of the term "imperial presidency" is intellectually dishonest. The imperial presidency refers to powers that the president has to act without the cooperation of Congress. This has nothing to do with health care which was debated it and voted on by Congress.

I believe in our democratic process, and yes that means that I accept laws that I don't particularly like.

izzythepush

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 06:48 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Finn, it is difficult to have an intelligent discussion with you when you keep on shifting statements and distorting positions.

He does that to me as well. He's either very good at it, or a bit thick. I suspect the former, but I'm not sure either way.
0 Replies

rebean

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 07:17 pm
@chai2,
What a load of tripe. Dont use birth control because a bunch of assholes in Rome told you not to. Have sex all the time.Be good to those that are good to you. Live your life and be happy. Care not what others think of you and you will find yourself. Make a wish on realwishes.com and get over the guilt and the shame that Rome preaches. And by the way read your history books and learn about the inquisition and figure out what a load of tripe religion is
ossobuco

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 07:49 pm
@JPB,
Rereading the thread.
I'm sure St. John's had profits. I don't know where those went, probably the diocese.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 08:06 pm
@rebean,
Try reading the whole thread.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 08:18 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Rationing care will not solve the problem, and rationing care by ability to pay the kings ransom required to get good care will not be tolerated.

Interesting point and one that seems to go on and on. Do you remember when Rev. Wright ( Obama's pastor in Chicago) said that one day the chickens will come home to roost?

Well, when it comes to health care in the US, the chickens are starting to roost.

As always, the very poor, and the working poor will soon see their medical care rationed.

States will not received increased levels of medicaid finance for the coming year, even though the cost of providing quality medical care will continue to rise.

So to conpensate for the coming financial burder of reduced cash, many health care facilites in United States will start the rationing of medical care.

On this Site (A2K) as well as others, we've mentioned some of what could happen. With the number of primary care physicians at a level too low to handle the large numbers of incoming patients and the lack of funds to hire and apparently educate more MDs. hospitals and other health care facilities will take certain steps.

Some of the work by MDs will be relegated to physicians assistants and nurse practioners. Those individuals with quality health insurance plans ( i.e. those with money) will see MDs, and those who are poor and/ or the working poor will have the opportunity to see the PAs and the RNs. As far as those on medicaid and medicare are concerned, I'm betting right now that they'll be seeing, most of the time, either PAs or RNs.

The time is ripe for this move and it can only get worse. ( Which incidentally is what most thinking adults said about the arrival of HMOs and managed care several years ago).
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 08:23 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I meant that as laughing, that 85 percent of us have health care.

In Massachusetts, it is estimated that 98% of the population has HEALTH INSURANCE. This does not mean they have health care. Remember that many MDS do not take either medicaid or medicare and some will take only cash.

Like wise, many of those with low cost health plans have to pay co-payments or high deductables...Thus many of those with health insurance ( low cost !) never see a health care provider unless it's a mater of life or death just to save money.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 08:38 pm
@Miller,
I pretty much agree with you on that one point, Miller.

I go to clinics myself and there is generally a long wait. There is one clinic where I'm sure I'd be let in fast re my case (weird eyes, good doc), but I had to get there in the first place.

Emergency room time at our university hospital is 24 to 36 hours to be seen (don't trust me, but I've read that twice). They have a proposed building happening to move serious intake patients..
Miller

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 08:43 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Emergency room time at our university hospital is 24 to 36 hours to be seen

I can't help but wonder, how many people die in the waiting room while sitting in the ER 24-36 hours. Why not go to urgent care instead?
ossobuco

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 08:51 pm
@Miller,
I'm pretty picky and I take the UNM med center as sharp, from what I know of it.
I also take that as tough going for them.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 09:17 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
I haven't been catholic since the early sixties when I went from fervent to what is this nonsense.

How come you're still a fervent prescriptivist, Osso. Did you use up all your thinking on religion? Smile
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 09:27 pm
Quote:
Ms. Binchy told the Chicago Tribune in 1991. “We were obsessed by sex because it was so forbidden.”

This quote is taken from the Washington Post article on the death of Irish Novelist, Maeve Binchy, who recently died in Ireland at age 72.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 09:32 pm
@Miller,
Well, sure.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 09:38 pm
@ossobuco,
I read one book by her. I won't go after it with my needle nose, but I leave room she is respected. Which is neither here nor there re death of a loved person.
Rest in peace, Maeve.
0 Replies