7-11, condoms, and sports betting.

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 11:56 am
Last night I'm sure alot of people lost alot of money, the Pats didn't cover the spread.

I'm not a better/gambler. I feel weird buying scratch tickets. Not as weird as the time I directed the non-English speaking cashier at 7-11 to get condoms for me behind the counter while a line of people waited behind me, but it just doesn't feel right to me. However, I did win a whopping $5 betting on the coin toss last night.

Did you guys win/lose any money last night(bets, pools, squares)? How do you feel about betting on sports?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,063 • Replies: 8
No top replies

PDiddie

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 12:23 pm
I had the over on Janet Jackson's titties and lost. (Thought if we got to see one, we'd get to see both. Dammit.)

I also had a thousand bucks on the left breast. Since it was the one closest to Justin, I figured it would be the nearest (ripest?) target.

Lost again. Neutral
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 12:26 pm
The only games I have ever bet on were pool games in the bar I worked at. And even that didn't happen very often. It usually went like this: "$5 says she makes the shot. Damn, here's your five bucks."
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 12:38 pm
When i was younger than I am now we (me, my friends and sometimes passers-by) would play card games *tonk, spades, gin, etc* for like, a quarter or 50 cents (at most a buck)/game. I loved it. Just that tiny little wager added such fun to the games. excitement galore. As for heavy betting...no, not me. Wouldn't get into that kind of thing.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 12:41 pm
My friend freshman year in college got himself into some sports gambling debt...wasn't fun(for him). I never really got into it, don't think it's worth it in the long run. I have enough trouble wasting money on other stupid things.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 12:48 pm
One guy at my party had $2 grand on the Panthers and there being less than 39 points scored in the game. 2 for 10 was the bet. If he won he would've gotten $10K. So much for that $2K.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 03:59 pm
Ouch. I've known people who are absolute gambling addicts and have watched some lose everything. I get my little lottery tickets every week and that does it for me.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 09:56 pm
I generally go in on one hockey pool each year, I have won an inordinate amount of times, considering my method of picking teams/players is akin to Diane from Cheers.
My son's hockey team has a loser pool every year as a fundraiser. For a set period of time, you pick two teams you think will lose in the coming weeks. The last man standing wins. I've never been lucky enough to win this one.
Aside from that, I rarely gamble at all.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 09:19 am
gambling can certainly get outtahand
case in point http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_862129.html
0 Replies