I need my Kids

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2012 04:03 pm
I signed rights over to DHS in Oklahoma 3yrs ago do to discouragement from attorneys and social workers and casemanger. I was wondering Does anyone think I can get my Kids back from the state? If so how can I do it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 802 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Mame

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2012 04:06 pm
@echomaren,
Do you have visiting rights? When's the last time you saw them? Do you communicate with them regularly? How much interest have you shown in the last 3 years?

The thing is, if the attorneys, social workers and case manager recommended it, they could be right.

Are you sure you're able to look after them?

I don't know what 'signed rights' means exactly, either. Could you not call a Legal Aid lawyer and ask? Or maybe look it up on a government web site.
echomaren

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2012 04:15 pm
@Mame,
Yes I do I was at first able to see them almost every month but now she stopped letting me see them before my other child got put in her custody once last year:( I call but she has only gave me her work number and I talk to her on facebook but she took the kids facebook off the internet. (Because my youngest one is with her.) I show that I do love them. I disagree with the people who were not for me. They made it sound like Nothing was going for me. I do believe they were trying to predict my future in a bad way. Like people don't change:( Its a long Story and it hurts to talk about it. I will try my hardest.
Mame

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2012 06:46 pm
@echomaren,
Surely the Child Protection people can help you gain access to them again. Do you know why she has refused to let you see them?

Again, a lawyer would be the best place to start, or CPS, of course.

How old are the kids?

Whatever happens, good luck, echomaren! It's damn tough to be without your kids.
echomaren

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2012 12:24 pm
@Mame,
She says she is to busy to let me see them. She doesn't have time to pick up phone and call to let me know anything. I call her she once in a great while will call me back. Lack of communication. Nixie is 5yrs old Joshua is 3yrs old about to turn 4yrs old in April and Lila was just welcome in to the planet on Aug 3rd 2011 7months they took her after two days I had her. Sad I am starting to realize it. How important they are to me and also my family:( thanks for the Luck back to you too. Thanks for taking the time to help....!
0 Replies