Why do human beings live?

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2012 02:10 pm
i would likes some reasoning and ideas to answer this question as thoroughly as possible.
why do we live?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 5,430 • Replies: 20
No top replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2012 02:57 pm
@odiousness,
Kind of a very meaningless question on the same order as why is PI= to roughly 3.1416 or the speed of light in a vaccuum 3x10^8 m/sec or.............

0 Replies

G H

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2012 05:51 pm
@odiousness,
Quote:
i would likes some reasoning and ideas to answer this question as thoroughly as possible. why do we live?

Instinct, emotion, and habit are still more powerful than a reasoned analysis of the situation -- or one could say that even most maxims for proceeding with and regulating an examination of "human life" are biased from the start. Also, perhaps it's difficult to shake the feeling that research on appearances just yields more appearances, and a resulting distrust in conclusions that life is meaningless, a mechanistic facade, "the payment in misery is not worth the brief rewards", etc.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2012 08:20 pm
Such an odious question.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2012 12:43 am
@odiousness,
"We are here like sheep, farmed by cosmological entities, as transducers and providers of their required psychic energy" (G.I.Gurdjieff) Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2012 03:32 am
Why do human beings live?

Just to piss you off . . .
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2012 07:14 am
@odiousness,
I live because it is better than the alternative.
djjd62

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2012 07:15 am
@maxdancona,
how do you know
maxdancona

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2012 08:22 am
@djjd62,
'Cause I have been there. I was not living 45 years ago. I didn't enjoy it.
djjd62

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2012 08:30 am
@maxdancona,
i too was there a little over 49 years ago, i have no discernible memories of the time to form an opinion

by the by, that exact sentiment is my main reason for not caring about whether there's an afterlife or not, i didn't exist once and it was no big deal, i won't exist again and it will again be no big deal
JLNobody

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2012 09:50 am
@djjd62,
See my signature line. I've always marveled at how we are so concerned about our "after life" but give no thought to our "before birth."
0 Replies

Procrustes

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2012 07:23 am
@odiousness,
Seems like you'll get 7 billion answers to this question.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2012 08:47 am
@odiousness,
The real answer to this question, in both senses of the question, is sex. We live because of sex, and we live to have sex.

I don't think there is any better answer to this question.
Linkat

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2012 09:51 am
@odiousness,
why not? what the heck else are we supposed to do?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2012 09:52 am
@djjd62,
but no one comes back so I figure maybe the alternative is better...
0 Replies

Procrustes

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 07:54 am
@maxdancona,
What about those who cannot have sex?
0 Replies

down the drain

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2016 07:02 am
@odiousness,
I want to know too. There should be a purpose, why do we live. What for? Have you found the answer? Or anything close to an answer? In the beginning, I thought, human live to take care of the earth and its content, to manage it and create a utopia. But now, I don't think so anymore...
kenCAN

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2017 12:14 am
@down the drain,
let see how the previous Messenger lives, the messenger leave us a message on how we accustom to live with a code ethic that enables us to go back to heaven. We do not just reward at the end of our life but we can fill the peace, tranquility, and calmness in their presence. We know our emotion, self-interest, status and the material in this world is a temporary asset for us to step forward not to bound by it.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2017 06:35 am
@odiousness,
Why do birds insist on flying???
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2017 11:09 am
Everyone knows that humans die all the time. They couldn't accomplish that unless they were alive first.