A lot of 3D

Lionnir

Mon 6 Feb, 2012 08:02 am
why is it that no a days almost EVERYTHING is in 3D? television, movies, gaming systems, and probably a lot more then I can thing of right now.
Is anyone else sick of this? Or do you guys like this 3D stuff? Please comment! I would love to know what you guys thing!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 2,240 • Replies: 13
Topic Closed
No top replies

jespah

Mon 6 Feb, 2012 08:15 am
@Lionnir,
It's New Toy/We Don't Have to Think up a Plot if we just Throw a lot of **** at the Screen Syndrome
0 Replies

rosborne979

Mon 6 Feb, 2012 08:31 am
@Lionnir,
I don't like the 3D stuff. I intentionally avoid 3D movies because I think the 3D effect distracts from the show (the glasses are also distracting).

But I'm not surprised Hollywood is doing it. They get to resell all their old material again once they convert it (Star Wars I for example). And they get to sell the new material for higher ticket prices.
0 Replies

sozobe

Mon 6 Feb, 2012 08:37 am
@Lionnir,
I haven't seen that much. The impression I have is it can be done well or badly, (like much else), not that it's intrinsically awesome or terrible.

I saw the last Harry Potter movie (pt. 2) both in 3-D and without, and I was actually really impressed by the 3-D version.

There were also a lot of 3-D previews when I saw it, and from that I can hazard that "Arthur Christmas" sucked despite 3-Dness (as per Jespah's comment), and "Hugo" looked very, very good.
0 Replies

boomerang

Mon 6 Feb, 2012 10:20 am
I've been unimpressed with movie theater 3D but I like it on my TV. The glasses synchronize with the image and it really pops.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Tue 7 Feb, 2012 01:20 am
@Lionnir,
For movies at the movie theater? 3d is the reason why that many studios are breaking box office records even though that overall box office ticket sales have been dropping at a steady rate.

Also, the 3d tech acts like a visual DRM (copyright protection) in the movie theater as one just can't take a camcorder into the cinema and bootleg the film and still capture the 3d effects on the camera. Just won't work.

As for televisions and BluRay players? Manufacturers are trying to give consumers new reasons to update their relatively new HD televisions and BluRay players why adding additional expenses to the sale with those goofy high priced 3d glasses that they're individually selling with the new TV's.
0 Replies

shindig

Mon 13 Aug, 2012 12:04 pm
@Lionnir,
I like 3d games over 2d games. Just feels more immersive.

Don't think I've ever seen a 3d movie other than the thriller video at disneyland.
Dvango

Wed 15 Aug, 2012 02:03 am
@shindig,
I also like more 3D
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Tue 18 Sep, 2012 11:00 am
Ellen DeGeneres in 'Finding Nemo 3D': Is it worth seeing in its new format?
Ellen DeGeneres' 'Finding Nemo' gets a 3D re-release – is it worth the ticket price?
http://www.csmonitor.com/The-Culture/Culture-Cafe/2012/0917/Ellen-DeGeneres-in-Finding-Nemo-3D-Is-it-worth-seeing-in-its-new-format
Either this weekend or next, I'll be seeing Finding Nemo (once again) at the movie theater (seen it during its first theatrical release in 2003).

Anyone else seeing this great Pixar film while they have the chance to see it in the cinema?
rosborne979

Tue 18 Sep, 2012 12:03 pm
@tsarstepan,
I wouldn't be interested in seeing it myself because I'm not impressed with 3D in general. But I might be interested in taking my daughter to it just to see how she reacts. But she's still a bit young to sit through an entire movie without wandering, and I don't know if she would tolerate wearing the glasses for that long. Maybe next year (when she's over 4yrs old) I'll give it a try to see how she likes it.
0 Replies

diamondgeeks

Wed 19 Sep, 2012 12:36 pm
@Lionnir,
Everything is in 3d because now a days all the people are having craze about this new pattern of watching and experiencing the thing lively. This is a best way to enjoy the movies and pictures and gaming etc.
rosborne979

Wed 19 Sep, 2012 05:32 pm
@diamondgeeks,
diamondgeeks wrote:

Everything is in 3d because now a days all the people are having craze about this new pattern of watching and experiencing the thing lively. This is a best way to enjoy the movies and pictures and gaming etc.
Not to me it isn't.
tsarstepan

Wed 19 Sep, 2012 07:05 pm
@rosborne979,
I enjoy a good deal of 3D and I know that diamondgeeks statement rings false. 3D television sales are flat (at best). Movie ticket sales are at record lows. 3D gaming is at a premium when the economy still truly bites.

It's still too early to say how successful this generation of 3D will last before the film studios, the video gaming publishers, and the tech manufacturers either improve it while making it overall cheaper or just give up unto the next generation 3D tech is invented.
0 Replies

rosejasmin56

Thu 27 Sep, 2012 04:20 am
@Lionnir,
I don't like 3d movies too much but I like to watch movies on TV...
0 Replies