Any more disadvantages of this bodily-transformation?

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2012 12:50 am
Hi:

Here is how I would like to change my 28-year-old body. I find the following bodily changes to be extremely interesting and thrilling. Sadly, I don't have the money for it, nor do we have the technology to perform those changes. However, it's fun to think about.

Sorry if anyone is annoyed by this. I just have a very deep interest in medical sci-fi.

Here are the changes I daydream of:

1. If/when a cardiac muscle relaxes, it relaxes completely
2. The extent to which the cardiac muscles un-relax is minimal enough that the individual cannot hear the heartbeat or arterial-pulse unless he covers his ears, is in a completely-silent environment, and consciously chooses to concentrate on the sounds of the heartbeat or resulting pulses.
3. The maximum heart rate is 25 beats-per-minute.
4. The cardiac muscles totally ignore any commands from the body's regulatory systems [including the heart's own pacemaker] to increase the intensity or speed of un-relaxation -- even during the most intense aerobic exercise!
5. All veins, venules, capillaries are usually dilated to fill-width. In addition, all blood vessels supplying the heart and respiratory system are usually completely-dilated. There is one exception, though; when any blood vessel is harmed, body systems prevent bleeding by cutting off as much blood supply to the injured vessel as possible and diverting circulation away from that vessel as much as possible.
6. Arteries and arterioles in migraine-specific parts of the brain cannot dilate beyond normal width under any condition.
7. Parts of the body’s regulatory systems the specifically control respiration alter involuntary breathing to ensure that:
a. If/when the skeletal muscles involved in breathing relax, they relax completely
b. The extent to which the aforementioned muscles un-relax is minimal enough that the individual cannot hear his own breathing unless he covers his ears, is in a completely-silent environment, and consciously chooses to concentrate on the sounds resulting from respiration
c. The maximum breathing rate is 10-breaths-per-minute
8. Voluntary breathing is not affected by #7, this allows the individual to speak/vocalize at will
9. If/when a smooth muscle in a digestive/respiratory organ relaxes, it relaxes completely
10. If/when a smooth muscle in a digestive/respiratory organ un-relaxes, it does so for a short enough time NOT to cause asthma, bronchoconstriction, diverticulosis, or spastic colon – regardless of certain drugs, commands from regulatory systems, or other conditions that would otherwise cause such a muscle to otherwise enter a state of tonic spasm. In addition, these muscles never “strain”.
11. Voluntary muscles [excluding breathing muscles] contain only slow-twitch fibers. No fast-twitch fibers. Hence these muscles are incapable of making sudden movements. As a result the individual always appears in a relaxed state of mind. If he experiences a seizure/convulsion that would cause involuntary movements, these movements will be slow. The parts of these muscles that would normally consist of fast-twitch fibers are replaced with slow-twitch fibers.
12. If/when a voluntary muscle relaxes, it relaxes completely. In addition, if/when a voluntary muscle un-relaxes, it can only do so to a safe extent. Hence it is impossible for the individual to experience cramps or to bite his/her tongue hard enough to cause pain, discomfort or injury. This limits what food he/she can eat.
13. The body cannot break down its own protein – except for the protein present in the hard parts of bones.
14. The body cannot leach calcium out of the bones under any condition
15. If the body removes protein from the hard parts of bones, the lost protein is replaced with any equal mass of calcium
16. None of the existing body’s cells reproduce or grow. In addition, none of these cells die unless physical injured to the point of death by external sources -- such as cuts, burns, environmental toxins, etc. This completely prevents cancer.
17. Under no circumstance is there any element of inflammation – to any extent – in any part of the body. This holds true from all the way down from the molecular level all the way up to the organismal level. This prevents scarring even in the most severe burns. The body produces anti-inflammatory mediators at significantly-high level without producing any pro-inflammatory mediators.
18. Blood doesn’t clot at all. Instead, when a blood vessel is harmed, body systems prevent bleeding by cutting off as much blood supply to the injured vessel as possible and diverting circulation away from the injured vessel as much as possible.
19. No part of the digestive system produces hydrochloric acid or hydronium ions. This means no gastric HCl and no bile acids. So how to digest proteins? The stomach relies on non-acidic proteases and anaerobic bacteria to digest the dietary proteins.
20. Excess dietary protein is not converted to ammonia or urea. This takes a load off the kidneys.
21. No part of the body produces any substance that is specifically anti-bacterial.
22. No part of the body can perform anaerobic-respiration or glycolysis. IOW, all cells of the body can only generate their required energy via aerobic-respiration.
23. Intracranial pressure is negative at -20 mmhg or lower. Never higher than -20.
24. Intraocular pressure is unusually low at 1 mmhg or less.
25. Pupils completely and permanently constrict as much as possible

Here are advantages I can see to this new body:

1. No toxic/odorous by-products of hemoglobin decomposition
2. No autoimmune illness
3. No stroke/heart-attack
4. No anaphylaxis
5. No SIRS [systemic inflammatory response syndrome] even in the most serious case of septic shock
6. No ulcers
7. Body will not generate any of it's own toxins [such as lysosomal enzymes, superoxides]
8. During circulatory-shock, lactic acid will not be produced.
9. Infection will not cause changes in body temperature
10. No cancer
11. No hypertension
12. No renal, hepatic, splenic, or cardiac exhaustion
13. No respiratory distress
14. Head injuries will not cause the brain to swell nor will they bathe it in neurotoxic chemicals.
15. No hydrocephalus
16. No glaucoma
17. No photophobia

Disadvantages:

1. No compensatory mechanisms for circulatory-shock
2. Microbial decomposition of injured/dead tissue.
3. Increased susceptibility to infections without awareness of such infections. With inflammation shut off and thermoregulatory systems not responding to the infection, such infection may go un-noticed by the patient.
4. Symptoms of migraine aura [due to lack of cerebral perfusion]. Such symptoms include derealization, depersonalization, and dissociation. These can be extremely frightening and traumatic to the psyche.
5. Psychological stress can be lethal to the body. During psychic trauma the body's metabolic demands increase and the victim needs more energy. However, because the sympathetic nervous system -- and its effectors -- completely ignore the patient's psyche; the brain is overworked and undernourished. The neurological effects of psychological stress could easily cause the patient to expire.

My question is, what other disadvantages would I experience?

Thanks,

GX
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,229 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2012 01:08 am
@Green Xenon,
Quote:
My question is, what other disadvantages would I experience?

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
0 Replies