Pre Super Bowl entertainment

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 05:22 pm
How stupid is it to book that fruit who sings about getting raised above mountains before the Super Bowl?

There I was getting pumped to watch a great football game, and I hear his annoying tones.

Also, why must it go on for 40 freakin minutes?!!

Do they realize who watches these games? They give me Beyonce showing deep patriotism. What they should give, Beyonce showing deep anything!

And don't get me started on the freaking halftime show. God I hate what a spectacular event the Super Bowl has become.....it takes away from the freaking game!

Stupid crap!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,454 • Replies: 18
No top replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 05:39 pm
Great crap. Singing for the dead astronauts and paying respect to them isn't exactly stupid.

The game was awesome right down to the last kick. It had me think that the Panthers were going to win. And I wanted it to occur but that Vinatieri, who missed two previous, had to make the third one. Good for him, otherwise he would have been slammed for missing yet another.

It may be an entertainment 'stravaganza but it is so much fun to live in the host city and enjoy it for an entire week. But I still watch the game. I can make a difference between the entertainment of Music and the entertainment of the players that worked the butts off to get there.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 05:51 pm
BlueMonkey wrote:
Great crap. Singing for the dead astronauts and paying respect to them isn't exactly stupid.

It's a football game....not an astronaut tribute hour.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 05:53 pm
BlueMonkey wrote:

The game was awesome right down to the last kick. It had me think that the Panthers were going to win. And I wanted it to occur but that Vinatieri, who missed two previous, had to make the third one. Good for him, otherwise he would have been slammed for missing yet another.

It may be an entertainment 'stravaganza but it is so much fun to live in the host city and enjoy it for an entire week. But I still watch the game. I can make a difference between the entertainment of Music and the entertainment of the players that worked the butts off to get there.

From a few of your other sports post, I can tell you know exactly what you are talking about. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 06:04 pm
Wow. First time with sarcasm? Use it often?
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 06:20 pm
BlueMonkey wrote:

Not really.
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 06:30 pm
Child of the Light wrote:
BlueMonkey wrote:

Not really.

I do and did.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 06:31 pm
BlueMonkey wrote:

I do and did.

REALLY!?!?!
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 06:33 pm
Child of the Light wrote:
BlueMonkey wrote:

I do and did.

REALLY!?!?!

No really.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 06:42 pm
So do you consider yourself a diehard, or casual sports fan?
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 06:49 pm
Not die hard. Because if I was I would probably be as mad as you at the entertainment factor of the Super Bowl. I am casual. I follow the Texans. Always watch the Super Bowl. Always go for the underdog. Except I did want the Chiefs to get there.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 06:55 pm
BlueMonkey wrote:
Not die hard. Because if I was I would probably be as mad as you at the entertainment factor of the Super Bowl. I am casual. I follow the Texans. Always watch the Super Bowl. Always go for the underdog. Except I did want the Chiefs to get there.

Yeah, you wanting the Chiefs to win explains a lot. Ah just ignore me, I'm an asshole sometimes.
0 Replies

Smiley

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 06:58 pm
It's only football. No wait, rock'n'roll. Or show business I guess, to tell the truth.
No, I take that back . . . the SuperBowl is a commercial opportunity of absolutely grand scale.
It's about selling commercial airtime, yes that's it.
The whole event is about making people buy things.
By mixing football, violence, sex, glitzy theatrics, suspense and outrageous spectacle
far beyond even the Roman Coliseum.
It's a historic cataclysm of mob hypnosis.

It means nothing, nothing at all.
Yet it's strangely compelling and addictive to watch.
How much money did *you* spend, slave,
and did it make you smile?

There you have it.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 07:44 pm
Smiley-

It's about 1 thing, and 1 thing only....FOOTBALL!
0 Replies

Smiley

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 07:55 pm
Ah . . . then I would hate to wake you.
Yes it is football, precious consumer. Only football.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 08:12 pm
Smiley wrote:
Ah . . . then I would hate to wake you.
Yes it is football, precious consumer. Only football.

You will never understand the beauty, skill, and all the subtle nuances that go into a football game. Don't try to explain football to me buddy, I've been there, I've lived it. I've experienced the rush of catching a game winning touchdown.....what about you Poindexter?
0 Replies

Smiley

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 10:02 pm
Personally attacking someone is a pretty good sign that you have no logical arguments to back you up.

Better that I let you sleep and dream undisturbed, precious consumer.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 10:28 pm
Smiley wrote:
Personally attacking someone is a pretty good sign that you have no logical arguments to back you up.

Better that I let you sleep and dream undisturbed, precious consumer.

No logical argument? My argument is that the Super Bowl's primary purpose should be football! and OH MY GOD AM I OFF BASE THAT!!! I mean seriously, what the crap was I thinking? Maybe I was stoned or something. Now enough of you.

A bit a sarcasm BlueMonkey.
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 11:05 pm
Yeah I can see it screaming off the page. All in good fun. Smiley can't comprehend that it should be about Football. And to a majority it just very well might be.
0 Replies