Metadata - Windows Media Player 9

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 05:08 pm
If I try to move a file into another folder e.g. move a song from the unknown album folder to another album, it used to work but now there's an alert that keeps coming up "Metadata is stale. The operation failed." and I can't change the name or album of a song anymore because it just changes and then changes back again, it's really annoying so if anyone can help please do!! Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 983 • Replies: 8
No top replies

rorwizard

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 05:50 pm
My Advice on this one is get rid of Windows Media player, even though it does come installed on your computer it is by far not the best and there are a lot of interfaces out there that are a lot better, and have less adds than. WMP. I recommend iTunes for windows. Its easy to edit the songs associated data, its a simple, but good interface and if you want to you can take advantage of the iTunes music store. Plus it has smart playlists, you can easily burn cd's and you can RIP cd's with it. And the sound quality is GREAT!
0 Replies

Asphyxiate

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 09:17 pm
Ok I installed iTunes but when I asked it to add all files from my My Music folder, it didn't add the files in the folders into the library and although it seems that I can drag and drop the folders into the library, they won't appear there. I re-opened the program but the files from the folders still weren't there and I followed what it said in the help about dragging folders from the desktop.. what's wrong? Please help! Thanks for the advice!
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 09:33 pm
Asphyxiate wrote:
.. when I asked it to add all files from my My Music folder, ..

What would you do for this?

My only iTunes is on Macintosh at hand. And in the case of Mac, in the menu bar of iTunes, drop down of "File" -> "Add to Library", you can select files (or folders) to be imported.
0 Replies

rorwizard

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 10:17 pm
Are you looking for iTunes to organize your music in the way its organized in your folders? It won't do this. It will add all of them to your library and then you can organize them by any of the ID3 tag's properties. Or you can use the smart playlists to organize your collection.
0 Replies

yeahman

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 11:17 pm
WinAMP.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 11:23 pm
Yeah, use Winamp 5. It's not as bloated as iTunes or Windows Media Player.

Actually, if you recreate your WMP9 database it'll prolly work OK again (it sounds like it's corrupted).
0 Replies

Asphyxiate

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 08:15 am
How do I recreate the database? I am using Win2k. Winamp seems to crash my sound every time I use it. I am trying to add my files in the folders that didn't add. I try "Add file to library" in the file menu and selecting them but for some reason they just don't add to the library.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 08:25 am
Does it give the same error when you add files that you know worked before? If not, the media files you're trying to add might have a problem in which case there's probably no solution other than using a different player. Otherwise, let me know & I'll try to help you rebuild WMP's database.
0 Replies