Darkblond hairs with dark red Highlights?

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2012 05:02 am
I have dark ashblond hair and Iwould like to know if dark red highlights would look good on it? I always had blond highlights before and it looked very good, but i wanted to try something new but I'm scared it won't look good or maybe it get too red or too dark. Or shall i better stay blond? Any advise would be appreciated!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,879 • Replies: 7
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2012 06:45 am
@Blondsabine,
Ash blonde, by definition, has more whitish highlights. I think adding anything reddish is going to look really off. Hell, I have medium brown hair (what hasn't gone grey) and golden blonde looks fine, but I've done more reddish and it tends to look jarring.

Do you have a photo you could post? It doesn't need to show your face, just your hair, if you're shy. Load it to a free photo sharing site like Photobucket or Image Shack and paste the IMG code in here (you can't just load it from your PC or phone). Anyway, a picture tells a thousand words, of course.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2012 07:52 am
@Blondsabine,
What kind of effect do you want?

If you work, do you work in a conservative office/industry?

I tend not to want anything too natural-looking when I colour my hair. I mean, what would be the point of colouring it if I wanted to look natural? BUT I now work for a very conservative company and I've really had to dial back on how I use hair colour. It's still got some edge to it, but not to the degree I personally prefer.
jespah

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2012 08:15 am
@ehBeth,
That's true - it kinda depends on what you want.
0 Replies

Blondsabine

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2012 08:49 am
@jespah,
I think you are right it will show off too much, I think i better stay with my natural look. I will try to upload a pic! Thanks for your advise!
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2012 08:54 am
I see red tips on blond hair. Very interesting.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2012 09:01 am
Anyone under the age of 30 and not constrained by job restrictions (dress code) can have any kind of hair color they want.

Joe(Purple this week, fire engine red the week before)Nation
0 Replies

Blondsabine

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2012 12:24 am
I finally made my decision today and went to my hairdresser. I got very nice brown red lowlights and it looks very good. I still have a rest of blond highlights in there and my natural haircolor dark blond. It really looks interesting, just an accent not to many lowlights.
0 Replies