your first holiday

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 10:05 am
How many of you can remember your first holiday, away from the watchful eyes of your parents. Was it all you expected it to be.

My first holiday was a place called Campbell Town in the HIGHLANDS. It was a camping holiday for two weeks. Run by the Social Work Department for deprived kids. I was 18 years old at the time and wanted to go. It sounded great no more nagging from the parents for two whole weeks. Little was I to realise, there was also babys going as well and we all had to take turns looking after them. There was about five babys that would need nappy changing, bottle feed and kept amused what a nightmare. It turned out to be the longest two weeks of my life, with hardly any sleep and the meals you could taste the smoke on every mouthful, it was disgusting. It would seem my parents knew about the looking after babies, that was why the holiday was free.

This is just an example of my nightmare holiday, what about you lot.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 756 • Replies: 1
No top replies

joe1949

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 06:07 pm
Oh that will take me back a good few years. Have to get back on that one. The memory is not as good as it once was, signs of getting old. LOL
0 Replies