tiny tan and brown wormish/rollie pollie shaped bug

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 04:10 pm
I've ruled out bed bugs, these look completely different.
They are very tiny tan and brown skinny-ish worm/rollie pollie shaped bugs about 4 centimeters long, with lots of tiny dark legs that look kinda like fuzzy hairs. They also seem to move fast but I have also found a ton of them as gray or tan decomposed hulls. Some of them had a short lobsterish type tail sticking out.
While doing some "spring" cleaning in our apartment, I found them in almost all of my cardboard storage boxes, paper bags, and fabric. When I started finding them on our bedding, mattress, and carpet, I knew it was time to find out what they were and how to stop them. Anyone know what they are and how to eliminate them?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 7,292 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 06:50 pm
@beebrake,
You might want to let the manager/owner of your apartments know about it. If it is in one unit, it is probably in many others.

They'll call in exterminators, or at least, they should do so.
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 06:54 pm
@Butrflynet,
Take a look at the various photos of common household insects in this pdf article to see if you can better identify what you have in your apartment:

http://cru.cahe.wsu.edu/cepublications/eb0472/eb0472.pdf
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 09:11 pm
@beebrake,
They sound like Silverfish.
0 Replies