What to wake up easier in the morning? Eat an apple.

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 11:57 am
Those who study such things say that apples are more effective than caffeine at waking you up in the morning.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 3,402 • Replies: 6
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 12:04 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I often do, as one of my go-to breakfasts is a slice of apple torte (lots of apples in that). On the other hand, I always have two cups of coffee. Thus ... I have two cups of coffee with other breakfasts. I notice no difference in my waking up, with or without apple.

Usually I want some protein in my breakfast choices, but the torte doesn't qualify, so then I make sure I have some by lunch time.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 01:17 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Any links?

I'm curious if it's substances within them (if cooked would be fine, for example), or if there's something about the crunch that is invigorating.

(Sozlet has braces which affects what she can eat/ how she can eat it. She could definitely use some help waking up in the morning though.)
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 01:55 pm
@sozobe,
I check on Snopes to see if they had any information about this topic and didn't find any.

BBB
0 Replies

Ashley Brown

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2012 06:31 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
It's not necessary that you should take an apple early morning. You can have it any times because "An apple a day, keeps doctor away". You can have caffeine but it is injurious to health if it in excess.
0 Replies

jsmith767

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2012 09:35 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
That theory actually started from Michigan Department of Agriculture web site-but then it was deleted.

The theory stated that the act of chewing or sugar rush was found to be more effective to wake you up than caffeine. But it was not tested and tried until Ohio State University debunked that theory.
sozobe

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2012 09:49 am
@jsmith767,
Go OSU debunky people!

I mean, it'd be nice if it was true.

Wait a minute, rumor started in Michigan, OSU debunked it, now I doubt that part too! A little too convenient. Do YOU have any links?

- Signed, Columbus Resident who is all too aware of the OSU/ Michigan rivalry
0 Replies