Will cps remove my child?

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2012 02:03 pm
My house was a horrible, aweful mess, and th.ere is no excuse for it. I was reported to cps justifyably after a police visit. I was told I had a day to clean it and I did it. Spotlessly. I also moved to my moms the next day. Her house is always clean and safe. I know how aweful my house was, but I have done everything I can to fix it. Do you think they will remove my child because of the initial mess? It was really really bad.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 2,427 • Replies: 6
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2012 02:26 pm
You said: "I was told I had a day to clean it and I did it."

OK - good for you. They will be back and will probably make more visits.

The big issue is: WHY did it get such a mess?

Geez, kiddo. You are in danger of losing your children!!
Idontknow1990

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2012 02:33 pm
@PUNKEY,
There is no excuse for why it got messy. Having a bad day or moving or even being sick doesnt matter. I let it get that way and its my fault. The truth in any mess situation is laziness and I put myself ahead of my child. I have never felt worse about anything in my life. being at risk of losing my son is the biggest eye opener and I needed it. I just want to be sure that I do everything I can tohold on to hhim and fix my mistake.
MonaLeeza

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2012 02:49 pm
@Idontknow1990,
I wonder why you moved to your mum's if you cleaned up the house?
I also wonder what other areas of your life might need fixing. You acknowledge that you have been lazy and selfish. Maybe this could be a wake up call to do more than just clean your house.
Idontknow1990

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2012 02:59 pm
@MonaLeeza,
Yes is a wake up call in all areas. The house was a mess but my son eats 3 full meals, gets baths, brushes his teeth, is up on his shots, and very very loved. I love him with everything I am, but know that I was selfish on not giving him the best possible environment. I moved anyway even though I cleaned to show I have support to help me keep him in a good environment. I know there may be issues within myself and am willing to get classes or therapy if that is what they suggest. If not I eill do it anyway. I just dont want to lose him, when I can simply fix myself. I lnow that I will do anything I cam to keep him and be better then I have been.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 08:05 pm
Good - and good luck; your child will see your good example.
0 Replies

anonymis

Reply Sun 28 Jul, 2013 11:08 am
@Idontknow1990,
If they have reason to believe your daughter is in danger while in your care, they can remove her and put her in foster care, but before foster care, they will find someone your daughter knows, such as a relative, neighbor, etc. If CPS sees you are making an effort to get things together then they most likely won't take her away.
0 Replies