Computer talk

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2012 01:01 am
I was looking for where my email was stored to make a copy if possible. I got these directions but I don't understand how to get to the end:

C:\Documents and Settings\#USERNAME#\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{unique hex string}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

Is this from Outlook Express or Windows XP?
How do you get to C? (I think I did this one time but I didn't see the next item which is Documents and Settings???

Then, #USERNAME#, what does that mean????

Can anyone explain this, thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,018 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2012 04:50 pm
@smokey888x2,
C is your hard-drive, in other words the "mind" of your computer. "Username" is your name or whatever pseudonym you're using as your ID name. I don't know what program you're running, but isn't there something you click on to access your e-mail on the home screen? If it asks you to log in, it will ask for your "username" and whatever password you've set up. If you haven't set one up, the computer will ask you to enter a new password.

I'm not sure I understand what your other problems are?
PS:
Oh, yeah. If you're online, the message is from Outlook Express, not Microsoft Windows XP. It's Outlook Express that delivers your mail.
0 Replies