Who are you voting for in the upcoming election and why?

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2012 09:46 pm
@ehBeth,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

The GOP is the party of Barry Goldwater.
ehBeth wrote:
Was, not is.

The party has moved on.
That 's what we r fighting against,
ergo the resistance to Romney the R.I.N.O.

David
0 Replies

mars90000000

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2012 09:50 pm
Who: Vermin Supreme

Why: Because his hat is a boot. And i want a pony.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2012 02:33 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Liberal extremism is obstructionism.

Black really is white with you isn't it? It's not the Democrats that are obstructing things. From the same article.

Quote:
Take the debt ceiling row. Congress never used to have a problem with that: the vote to raise the limit was always routine, nodded through 87 times since 1945, no matter which party was in charge. But today's Republicans seized on the chance to put a gun to the head of the US economy. Either the president caved to their demands or they were ready to see the country default. No wonder the credit agency Standard & Poor's declared as it took away America's triple-A rating that "the effectiveness, stability, and predictability of American policymaking and political institutions have weakened".
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2012 08:42 am
Anybody but Obama. I am not crazy about any of the Republican candidates, but I could probably accept a Romney presidency.

I will just have to hold my nose when he starts in with his "faith and family" bullshit. Personally, I think that he is just looking to gain some acceptance from the evangelicals. I think that he has a better chance with the moderates and independents than any of the others, including Obama.
revelette

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2012 08:44 am
@Phoenix32890,
I remember you saying much the same about about Kerry when Bush was re-elected. That turned out really well.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2012 05:58 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

I'm undecided for Pres. I'll vote for my current House rep (R) because he's a moderate who is interesting in building cross-party coalitions. He's also in his first term so he hasn't yet met my self-imposed term limit rule (12 years in the House, 18 in the Senate). No one needs to "serve" longer than that, and I don't think they can without becoming so ingrained in the status quo that they forget why they're there.

I supported Obama in 2008 after McCain chose Palin as a running mate. I've not been happy, but I think life under McC/P would have us in a worse place than we are today. I'll vote for him again if the Rs come up with someone who I think won't make things better, or if whoever that person is picks someone totally unacceptable as a VP running mate.

I've changed my mind (which I may do many times between now and November). As of today, I'll be voting for Gary Johnson on the Libertarian ticket or the America Elects candidate, depending on who that turns out to be. Obama should have no problem carrying IL, so my vote will be one of conscience. Unless I see that there's a risk of Obama losing IL, I'll vote third party.
0 Replies